Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 or Glock?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    Epaphroditus
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2013
    • 4888

    Browning HiPower FTW
    CA firearms laws timeline BLM land maps

    Comment

    • #62
      armatt2016
      Member
      • Feb 2016
      • 198

      I own both and would do the same all over!

      Comment

      • #63
        Mongoose556
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2016
        • 501

        OP has good taste.

        But in all honesty, hi point is the way to go.

        Comment

        • #64
          Broham85
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2015
          • 594

          1911 and don't look back. Some people will buy a glock and spend ridiculous amounts to say the trigger is like a 1911. Why not just get a 1911 and save the money and headache, I dont get it...
          Last edited by Broham85; 09-07-2017, 6:09 PM.

          Comment

          • #65
            CandG
            Spent $299 for this text!
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Apr 2014
            • 16970

            Originally posted by Mongoose556
            OP has good taste.

            But in all honesty, hi point is the way to go.

            That fine specimen belongs in a museum!
            Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


            Comment

            • #66
              Ranger20
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2008
              • 1610



              25,000 rounds on your Springfield Pro Nice....

              And while that Glock is very well done... I'd choose the Springfield Pro.

              Now I know the rest of the Story...

              Appreciate the link for the ones available in Turlock.
              Last edited by Ranger20; 09-07-2017, 7:07 PM.
              Join Date: Oct 2008
              Location: Sacramento Area
              Posts: 1,600
              iTrader: 89 / 100%
              Feedback Score: 89 reviews, 100%

              Comment

              • #67
                drunktank
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2008
                • 5461

                Originally posted by yankee-pete
                Jimmy is right you know. These aren't subjective facts, they are fact facts. Besides, you're drunk. Lol

                How's it going old buddy?
                Well there you have it. Fact facts always win!!

                Going well, just trying to rationalize why I should put a Professional on my credit card haha!

                WTB used AK MFER.

                Comment

                • #68
                  xblax619
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 871

                  Originally posted by Snoopy47
                  Am I the only one that noticed that the OP's displayed examples of the Glock and 1911 are $2000+ incarnations of each example.

                  That Glock is not just a Glock, and that 1911 is not just a 1911.
                  i noticed too snoopy. i agree That glock is not just any other glock and neither is that 1911. i love my glocks but theyre bone stock and right now thats how i like em. im sorry but im not really a fan of That glock. i think its too much imho. that pro though. . . man that is sweet!
                  sigpic
                  Life member: NRA, CRPA, SAF

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    tbc
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 5955

                    Originally posted by Archon_g24
                    My Les Baer Custom Carry 45 has been to a gunsmith twice to fix reliability issues.



                    The magazine release was positioned just a little high so the pistol would only work with some of my magazines. That was fixed by taking material off of the front strap.



                    Then the thumb safety needed to be adjusted because it would engage with the slightest bit of upward movement.



                    It's been accurate and reliable since then but my Glocks have been 99% reliable and I'm no less accurate with a Glock at fighting distances.


                    I am sorry to hear that. My LB is malfunction free so far. Perhaps, I didn't shoot it much. Since I have decided to keep it, I am going to burn a full 50 Cal can of .45 ammo I have with it

                    I have heard that Les Baer's customer service is not so friendly. Hope your experience with them turned out smooth.

                    Ps. My Glocks are 100% reliable.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      ACfixer
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 6086

                      Originally posted by Nguyen
                      Do you want something that works sometimes (1911) or something that works all the time (Glock)?
                      I don't know what kind of 1911's you shoot or where this myth comes from unless you're going to have to fight in Falluja for a week without cleaning it.
                      Buy made in USA whenever possible.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        pklin1297
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 3287

                        Originally posted by Snoopy47
                        Am I the only one that noticed that the OP's displayed examples of the Glock and 1911 are $2000+ incarnations of each example.

                        That Glock is not just a Glock, and that 1911 is not just a 1911.

                        That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the first post. Then after I read the rest of the comments, I felt bad for the OP because all he wanted to do was to show off his beautiful counter top, but all anyone wanted to talk about was Glock vs. 1911...

                        Never been a fan for Glocks that have an identity crises... It has a red dot so it is for racing, oh but wait it has a tactical light so it is for defense... Yes I realize all the Operators have ARs just like that, but I prefer and own Glocks as designed: simple to operate and if maintained, 100% reliable. Most 1911s may take a little more work to get to that point, but can be just as reliable. The Glock the OP posted now has a higher chance of malfunction after all the mods were done, IMO.
                        NRA Member, CAPRC Member

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          Mongoose556
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2016
                          • 501

                          Nightstand Gun: Glock 17

                          Carry: CZ P01, Smith 627 Snub, DW 1911 Bobtails (Cbob and Vbob)

                          Office Desk Pistol: Light LEM HK45 w/ RMR

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            CalArkansas
                            Member
                            • Oct 2016
                            • 271

                            Originally posted by BigPimping
                            Honestly I am the biggest Glock fanatic that you will ever find. I heard them and I absolutely think that they are the best firearm ever built.

                            However the one in the picture is grossly over modified and to me seems really over the top. I do prefer the simplicity and classic lines of that 1911.

                            I'm ready for you all to blow me up.
                            Blow you up?! My eyes exploded when I read this. Lol!
                            Member of NRA, CRPA , GOA
                            Owns guns by Glock, Kimber, Rock Island, Sig Sauer, Springfield, Savage, Winchester... Heritage, Anderson... Crosman/Benjamin

                            My fishing and Outdoors channel on YouTube http://YouTube.com/JaimeAstin

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1