Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig P238.. WOW!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    CalArkansas
    Member
    • Oct 2016
    • 271

    Member of NRA, CRPA , GOA
    Owns guns by Glock, Kimber, Rock Island, Sig Sauer, Springfield, Savage, Winchester... Heritage, Anderson... Crosman/Benjamin

    My fishing and Outdoors channel on YouTube http://YouTube.com/JaimeAstin

    Comment

    • #17
      pink_toaster
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2017
      • 679

      Originally posted by SIGman Freud
      Is this the base model or the HD? Is there a noticeable difference in handling and firing between the standard, base model 238 vs. the 238 HD?
      IMO there was a big difference. The grips on the base are slick and the gun is lighter (obviously).

      I LOVE my 238 HD. I love the grips and the weight is just right! I don't have any issues (other than sometimes the brass flies straight up and onto my head!?)
      Guns and diamonds are a girl's best friends!

      Comment

      • #18
        Ora Serrata
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2015
        • 1750

        My friend got a 238 HD last year. Loved the way it shot and ended up picking up an alloy version myself (got a killer deal on it used). I've shot both side by side (even one in one hand with the other in the other hand). Personally I find negligible difference between the two in terms of recoil/snappiness.

        For CCW it's a must have! Most of my friends who carry have one. I prefer my LCP for pocket carry, but the 238 is my holster carry goto.

        Comment

        • #19
          rodblder
          Member
          • Feb 2017
          • 423

          I also have the alloy version that I replaced the grips on. Great to shoot, nice little pocket carry,
          sigpic[SIGPIC]
          ____________________________________

          NRA Life Member 45+ yrs
          CRPA Life Member 45+ yrs
          Navy Pilot Retired

          Comment

          • #20
            CandG
            Spent $299 for this text!
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Apr 2014
            • 16970

            Originally posted by Ldarshay
            Picked up this little guy a couple months back when rifle gear was having there sale and finally got to take it to the range today.. First off, I was expecting a snappy little thing since it is so small. Boy, was I wrong! The weight of the gun mitigated recoil to nil! It was absolute pleasure to shoot. The SA, 1911 style trigger was on point, and the thing rang bulls eyes at 15 yards with ease. Next to my Sig 239, IMHO, have been the best out of the box Sub $700 guns I own. Aside from the God awful stock 238 grips, but that's just a cosmetic complaint.

            If you're on the fence on one of these, don't hesitate! I will add that I have medium sized hands, and do prefer sub-compacts.
            My thoughts exactly! I can't believe that I was on the fence about buying one, after I got it home and shot it I was absolutely blown away at how nice it is and how fun it is to shoot. Been carrying it in an ankle holster ever since. Best $600 I've spent on a handgun in a long time.

            And yes, the stock grips came off the moment I brought it home. I put on Hogue rubber ones instead, which I really like.

            Also, I don't even need (nor want) an extended magazine, it shoots great even with a 2-finger grip. I bought some MagGuts 7rd flush magazines (same size as stock 6rd mags), which have been working flawlessly.
            Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


            Comment

            • #21
              mtenenhaus
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2007
              • 3416

              perhaps i'm mistaken...thought he said it was a 238.

              Comment

              • #22
                mike415stone
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2014
                • 1203

                Originally posted by FalconLair
                im very impressed with the firearm itself, especially the ability to still rack the slide with the safety engage

                my only cons were the 6 round magazines and the fact its a .380 (not much of a .380 fan)

                that said, i still wouldn't mind owning one or even relying on it for carry defense - beautiful firearm and a solid reputation to go with it
                ^^^

                This is the reason I love it as a carry gun. I can carry in-chambered and still rack and load while keeping the safety engaged. Great pocket carry weapon
                ______________________________

                In this life you either push or get shoved.

                Better to die on your feet then live on your knees.

                For evil to succeed, all it takes is for good men to do nothing.

                Comment

                • #23
                  pink_toaster
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2017
                  • 679

                  Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                  My thoughts exactly! I can't believe that I was on the fence about buying one, after I got it home and shot it I was absolutely blown away at how nice it is and how fun it is to shoot. Been carrying it in an ankle holster ever since. Best $600 I've spent on a handgun in a long time.

                  And yes, the stock grips came off the moment I brought it home. I put on Hogue rubber ones instead, which I really like.

                  Also, I don't even need (nor want) an extended magazine, it shoots great even with a 2-finger grip. I bought some MagGuts 7rd flush magazines (same size as stock 6rd mags), which have been working flawlessly.
                  Personally, I like the extended magazines. Without it, my poor little pinkie just kinda hangs there... and I have girlie hands (well... I guess cuz I'm female... )
                  Guns and diamonds are a girl's best friends!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    floogy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 2741

                    I also have a P238 for pocket carry. It certainly is pleasant to shoot for such a small gun.

                    I'm thinking about getting the Mag Guts P238 mags. Flush fit 7 rounds for about the same price as OEM.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      pluke the 2
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2012
                      • 1926

                      I shot one for the first time and loved it. Shot better with it then my p239... I would get one but can't afford the 380 storage. Not a fan of 380 but at the same time not educated or experienced.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Seaweed02
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 1650

                        I have one

                        I have a P238 also and love it. It has been my daily pocket gun for a few years now. It is accurate and reliable. I bought a hogue pocket holster for it, and two extra magazines with mag guts

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          CandG
                          Spent $299 for this text!
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Apr 2014
                          • 16970

                          Originally posted by floogy
                          I'm thinking about getting the Mag Guts P238 mags. Flush fit 7 rounds for about the same price as OEM.
                          They are awesome, every bit as good as OEM mags. They even have viewing holes for all 7 rounds. I plan to buy half a dozen more soon
                          Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


                          Comment

                          • #28
                            floogy
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 2741

                            Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                            They are awesome, every bit as good as OEM mags. They even have viewing holes for all 7 rounds. I plan to buy half a dozen more soon


                            Great to hear that. Looks like I'll be getting some as well.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Afterimage
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2016
                              • 607

                              I bought a P238 two days ago after renting one at my local range. It is definitely an impressive pocket gun. Cannot wait to break it out of jail!

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Rusty_Shackleferd
                                Senior Member
                                • Jun 2014
                                • 1107

                                i almost bought a 238 last week. For the size, they are a dream to shoot.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1