Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ruger 22/45 -- mk2 vs mk3?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • walter
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 1048

    ruger 22/45 -- mk2 vs mk3?

    I'm thinking about a 22/45 but wondering what's up with mk2 v mk3?

    also is there any kind of speedloader for 22/45 mk3s?
    WTB:
    PW9142LP
    SA GI 1911 Champion/Commander All Steel

    Originally posted by tonelar
    my recurring gun dream is one where I'm trading shots with BGs and my thompson is only a semi... oh wait, that's not a dream, that's California.
  • #2
    Snapping Twig
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 2105

    I'm a fan of the all steel Mk II. No magazine disconnect.

    Here's a product for speed loading the magazine for Ruger and Buckmark .22's.

    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

    Comment

    • #3
      walter
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2007
      • 1048

      so mk2 is all steel while mk3 is polymer thats it?
      WTB:
      PW9142LP
      SA GI 1911 Champion/Commander All Steel

      Originally posted by tonelar
      my recurring gun dream is one where I'm trading shots with BGs and my thompson is only a semi... oh wait, that's not a dream, that's California.

      Comment

      • #4
        BHPFan
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 2264

        Mk 2: No magazine disconnect and no Loaded Chamber Indicator

        Mk 3: Has LCI and possibly magazine disconnect.

        22/45 pistols have always had polymer lower and the top is always steel.
        They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        ~ Benjamin Franklin

        Comment

        • #5
          586L-Frame
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2007
          • 940

          Originally posted by walter
          I'm thinking about a 22/45 but wondering what's up with mk2 v mk3?

          also is there any kind of speedloader for 22/45 mk3s?
          Hi Walter,
          I just use a inexpensive ADCO Super Thumbsaver mag loader
          for my MKIII 22/45 Stainless 512 Bull barrel .22 magazines.

          I want to review one of the simplest little devices you may ever stick in your range bag: the Adco Super Thumb mag loader. This cleverly designed little piece of polymer slips over a pistol magazine, and enables you to easily push down the mag spring to insert more rounds without slipping or...


          Works great!
          586L-Frame

          Comment

          • #6
            586L-Frame
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2007
            • 940

            Comment

            • #7
              gunrun45
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2006
              • 2018

              Originally posted by BHPFan
              Mk 2: No magazine disconnect and no Loaded Chamber Indicator

              Mk 3: Has LCI AND magazine disconnect.

              22/45 pistols have always had polymer lower and the top is always steel.
              IMO, I prefer the Mark II due to the fact that it is easier to take apart/ put back together and I had mag disconnects. A friend of mine had a mark III 22/45 and we shot it side by side with my Mark II 22/45. We couldn't tell the difference really untill we got to the take down, etc...
              Murphy's Law - What can happen will happen at the least opportune moment

              Comment

              • #8
                smittty
                Calguns Addict
                • Feb 2008
                • 6265

                Originally posted by walter
                I'm thinking about a 22/45 but wondering what's up with mk2 v mk3?

                also is there any kind of speedloader for 22/45 mk3s?
                There is no real difference from a user perspective. I had the MKII standard and sold it to buy the MKIII 22/45 that has the 3-dot sights.

                The grip on the 22/45 does feel narrow at first but don't let that turn you off. After some range time you quickly appreciate the grip angle and ultimately fall in love with it. The LCI and mag disconnect are there but you don't notice them and as far as taking down the MKIII, follow this youtube video and you will breeze thru it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHJm...eature=related

                I take mine down about every 500 rounds or so. I did have to do what's called the magazine tweak, http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2...ine-tweak.html and after that it runs 100% with every ammo I put in it except the cheapest bulk pack Winchester/Western (white box) from big 5...the bullets wobble about 1 mm and jambs in every 22 gun I own.

                I recommend the MKIII 22/45 that has the 3-dot sights, http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAProd...10119&return=Y because the sights are best and it's the most fun.

                smitty

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1