Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mk25 Navy hammer

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mi4
    Senior Member
    • May 2015
    • 790

    Mk25 Navy hammer

    Lately it happened a couple times that I pulled the trigger and hammer dropped but failed to stuck the firing pin. I can't find a pattern so far. What could it be? Thanks.
  • #2
    Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2015
    • 6504

    Hammer spring?
    Have you cleaned it recently?
    Maybe your firing pin is gunked up?

    Comment

    • #3
      dummykid
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2016
      • 1296

      did you oil your firing pin before? if so , it might be the build up dirt inside the firing pin chamber.

      Comment

      • #4
        Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2015
        • 6504

        Is this during live fire or dry fire?
        Cuz it may also be your ammo

        Comment

        • #5
          nikki#2
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 2164

          Originally posted by Lonestargrizzly

          Hammer spring?
          Have you cleaned it recently?
          Maybe your firing pin is gunked up?
          Maybe it's corroded worse than mine?

          Comment

          • #6
            Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2015
            • 6504

            Originally posted by nikki#2
            Maybe it's corroded worse than mine?

            Its possible. Im not too familiar with sig but on failure to fire I'd always go with the cheapest suggestion first and be suspect of the ammo.

            Comment

            • #7
              rideordie
              • Feb 2007
              • 700

              Not sure about the SIG but when my XD45 started doing that it was really dirty and the gunk build up was pretty bad. A disassembly and good cleaning fixed the problem.

              Comment

              • #8
                WaltKowalski
                Member
                • Jan 2015
                • 193

                Did you check the primer? Was it a light strike? (Slight dimple from the pin).

                As others have said, could be crud buildup from excessive oil that could be inhibiting pin if that's the case. If there is no evidence of the light strike then there may be a problem with either the hammer spring or strut, or it could also be the firing safety pin lock or lever (see #28 in diagram below) for the pin preventing it from advancing.

                Comment

                • #9
                  mi4
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2015
                  • 790

                  Update: is this dirty?
                  Last edited by mi4; 10-04-2017, 11:07 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mi4
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2015
                    • 790

                    checked main spring, nothing strange. Maybe E2 grip somehow interacted with mainspring?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      reagan8
                      Member
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 199

                      Originally posted by mi4
                      Update: is this dirty?
                      I've never removed my firing pin, so I don't know whether that's particularly dirty, but I think it really depends on how gummy that dirt in your picture is.

                      Does it wipe away easily with barely any pressure? If yes, probably a non-issue. If not, that's probably the cause; it definitely isn't helping.

                      Very interesting to see a newer 226. Mine's 20 years old and the safety lock / plunger is very different (rectangular not circular).
                      Last edited by reagan8; 03-10-2017, 10:01 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        mi4
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2015
                        • 790

                        Originally posted by reagan8
                        I've never removed my firing pin, so I don't know whether that's particularly dirty, but I think it really depends on how gummy that dirt in your picture is.

                        Does it wipe away easily with barely any pressure? If yes, probably a non-issue. If not, that's probably the cause; it definitely isn't helping.

                        Very interesting to see a newer 226. Mine's 20 years old and the safety lock / plunger is very different (rectangular not circular).
                        I wiped it away easily. Actually, it seems not the problem of firing pin ---- after I cleaned it, it happened again once (less than 100 rd fired since cleaning). So I removed E2 grip and inspected and reinstalled the mainspring yesterday. I will see if the problem is still there this weekend.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          CouchOperator
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2016
                          • 4353

                          Call Gray Guns. They should be able to give you advice

                          (541) 468-3840

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Monkeywrench
                            Member
                            • Sep 2015
                            • 254

                            You have a Gray Guns trigger? I had the same problem with mine. Back out the stop screw one quarter turn and you should be good.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1