Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

G22 Crimson Trace Laser Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Marxman
    Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 453

    G22 Crimson Trace Laser Question

    Hey gentlemen, I picked up a police trade in Glock 22 with a Crimson Trace laser sight on it. What interesting is that it is a first generation Crimson Trace that looks like a metal extension of the trigger guard and is actually wired into the frame with a battery compartment in the grip that fits 4 LR44 batteries.

    It did not come with a cap for this compartment and from the limited material I've found the cap has a metal contact on it that turns the laser on or off so the pressure pad can work so I have no way to see if it functions or not.

    I contacted Crimson Trace asking if they had a model number or a manual and (longshot) any parts left for it but got no response; so, I ask you good denizens of Calguns does anyone knows what this laser's model is and if/where I might be able to find parts, refurbishment or repair?
    Get Involved:

    What Have You Done Today?
  • #2
    stevemac
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2016
    • 504

    Try contacting them on Instagram. They surprisingly respond pretty well there.

    Comment

    • #3
      MrOrange
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 2262

      Google found a photo linked to this old auction:

      Glock Model 21 45acp w/Early Crimson Trace Laser & Box This is a Glock Model 21 semi-auto pistol in 45acp. It is the full size model with a 4.5 barrel. It com


      that doesn't show up when you look at the auction page(?)



      Looks like it would be pretty simple to fabricate a replacement. You could probably just hold a piece of metal in place with your finger to see if it allows the pad to turn the laser on.

      This page has a pic that partially shows the bottom grip-gap piece, almost looks like there's a master on/off switch on the lil' plate, possibly a later development:

      The first handgun mounted laser sight I saw was in the mid 1990’s. I was running combat style pistol matches for my Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Lodge. For most of the matches we hosted I …
      I meant, it is my opinion that...






      I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
      I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
      You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds

      Comment

      • #4
        Marxman
        Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 453

        Thanks for the info thus far gents. I don't have a lot of time on my hands between work and school so I might just find a gunsmith to restore it unless anyone knows more about this. If anyone knows anything please let me know!
        Get Involved:

        What Have You Done Today?

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1