Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger Vaquero 45acp....?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • green grunt
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 1637

    Ruger Vaquero 45acp....?

    I've got the itch again... for a cool single action pistol

    looking at the Ruger vaquero in 45acp with the birds head grip and 3.5"(approx) barrel in blue..

    and feedback from owners would be most welcome




    Semper Fi.
    Semper Fi.
  • #2
    reagan8
    Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 199

    The bird's head grip ruins that gun for me. The Blackhawk 446 would be my preference -- thanks for leading me to it

    Comment

    • #3
      K001
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2014
      • 1003

      I had the new Ruger Vaquero with both .44lc/.45acp barrels dealer exclusive in high polish...Well made and easy shooting with cowboy loads and 230gr. ball ammo. Obviously no sight adjustment so needed to compensate low aim for the .45acp as tall front sight seemed better for the .45lc round.
      03-FFL/COE

      Comment

      • #4
        onelonehorseman
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2012
        • 4888

        OP, I think the classic lines of a Vaquero deserve classic 45lc ammo, IMO.

        But it's your $ so go for it if the 45acp is at the top of your list.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          JeffSD
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2014
          • 813

          The Vaqueros are really popular with cowboy action shooters. I've been wanting one for a while, they are beautiful. My buddy has one in .44 and he loves it. He says it's probably his most fun gun to shoot.

          Comment

          • #6
            P5Ret
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2010
            • 6397

            I've got the old model with a .45acp cylinder as well as .45lc. It's nice doesn't get as much attention as it should, since I mostly shoot my carry guns these days. It's a fun gun to shoot.

            Comment

            • #7
              3453
              Member
              • Dec 2011
              • 206

              .45 ACP Vaquero

              I now have K001's Vaquero. It's fun to shoot and it gets any ammo that my damn picky Kimber doesn't like. LOL

              Comment

              • #8
                Elchief
                Member
                • Feb 2013
                • 121

                you sir read my mind. thats my next revolver purchase, talos edition in stainless steel with the birds head grip.



                Originally posted by green grunt
                I've got the itch again... for a cool single action pistol

                looking at the Ruger vaquero in 45acp with the birds head grip and 3.5"(approx) barrel in blue..

                and feedback from owners would be most welcome




                Semper Fi.
                Last edited by Elchief; 01-13-2017, 11:04 AM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  gun toting monkeyboy
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 6820

                  I also have the old model, with the spare cylinder. It works great, and has for nearly 20 years. As the other poster noted, you get two different point of impact with the different cartridges. If you are just planning on going straight .45 ACP, that won't be an issue.

                  -Mb
                  Originally posted by aplinker
                  It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ARDude
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2006
                    • 2723

                    I like mine a lot. It is in 45LC. But if I didn't reload I might have gotten it in 45acp.

                    Last edited by ARDude; 02-13-2018, 10:29 AM.
                    Real-life Girls

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      green grunt
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 1637

                      ^ Nice ..... Thanks all.......... I like the 45acp so I only have to buy 1 type of ammo , to feed the 1911 and maybe the Ruger also , sill thinking on it.. I've seen vids of shooters loading the Ruger from 1911 mags (?!)


                      Semper Fi.
                      Semper Fi.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JCHavasu
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2016
                        • 672

                        When I used to do cowboy mounted shooting I had a pair of Ruger Vaquero's in 45LC with consecutive serial numbers. Like a complete dumbass I sold them a few years ago...
                        "You fickers are all cray cray in my opinion. Non of you have an iQ over 80." - SandyCrotchSurfer aka SandyEggoSurf

                        "News stories and the truth are a bit like fraternal twins. They are related but only vaguely resemble each other."

                        "The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich quick theory of life." - Theodore Roosevelt

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          tjsimons
                          Junior Member
                          • May 2015
                          • 43

                          Originally posted by green grunt
                          ^ Nice ..... Thanks all.......... I like the 45acp so I only have to buy 1 type of ammo , to feed the 1911 and maybe the Ruger also , sill thinking on it.. I've seen vids of shooters loading the Ruger from 1911 mags (?!)





                          Semper Fi.


                          I've not tried that with my Blackhawk Convertible model (which for me is pretty much a dedicated .45 ACP), but I understand you can do that. Apparently if you have a 1911 mag with a weak spring (and you have a lot of manual dexterity) you can thumb six rounds into your single action pretty quick. Thell Reed figured this out originally, I think.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            sofbak
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 2628

                            IDK... I have two vaqueros with .45 acp and colt cylinders. The high power colt loads are so much fun, the acp "wheels" rarely see the light of day. But if you don't reload, I can empathize with the cost factor between the two rounds.

                            Didn't know there was a vaquero in .44 mag. Makes one wonder about the compatibility of "Ruger/TC loads only"....and the Ruger corporate claims.......
                            Tire kickers gonna kick,
                            Nose pickers gonna pick
                            I and others know the real

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CZ9
                              Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 441

                              Ive been considering one too. The acp is much less expensive than the 45 colt.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1