Looking to buy about 2000rnds. Curious what all of you guys are using
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
What brand 357 ammo do you have?
Collapse
X
-
-
-
Pretty much this. most of my 357 is reloaded but what little factory stuff I buy tends to be the fiocchisigpic"That's more suspicious than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field!"Comment
-
Freedom Munitions remanufactured.Comment
-
Which 357?
357SIG
Buy 50 Round Box - 357 Sig Speer Lawman 125 Grain TMJ Ammo - 53919 online at SG Ammo. In stock and ready to ship. Fast shipping, best prices guaranteed. Premium ammunition for sale.
357Mag
Comment
-
Dont use Freedom Munitions 38special or 357 in Lever Guns (handguns seem to be OK), the crimps suck a fat one and dont hold, the bullets get pressed down into the case when they are chambered. I bought 500 rounds of each caliber and have about 50 rounds of each that have this issue, mostly with RP, S&B, and Winchester brass.
I have excellent luck so far with Cabela's Herters ammo, shot about 500 rounds of .38 and .357 with zero issues so far.Comment
-
I roll my own for pistol\lever target and cowboy Silhouette using MBC.
-gIf ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
-Samuel AdamsComment
-

Underwood Ammo has flat rate shipping on a wide selection of premium ammunition. Shop today for specialized self-defense and hunting ammo and more
If you want the very best, most powerful factory load available.
Caliber: 357 Magnum
Bullet Weight: 125 Grains
Bullet Style: Hornady XTP Jacketed Hollow Point
Muzzle Velocity: 1700 fps
Muzzle Energy: 802 ft. lbs.Comment
-
I scored a 500rd case of .357 mag 125gr hpj rem golden saber a couple of years ago for $215
otherwise, good ol' rem green box .38 wherever it's cheap..
I started out with nothing - and I still have most of itComment
-
my last box i picked up is a box of 50 Remington .357 Magnum 158 GR Soft Point. i paid $5.00 for this box a few months ago from a fellow i met who was having a yard sale. ammo wasn't out with the other stuff, but he offered it to me after i purchased an OldSchool Alessi ankle holster from him for $8.00. it seems he liked the timeless S&W J-frame about as much as i do. he was a very nice guy and about as old as dirt.Last edited by bsg; 01-28-2017, 8:42 PM.Comment
-
I lead cast my bullets and reload them.
However I do keep a stock of some factory loads though and my favorite is American Eagle 158 grain JSP. Also the Federal Champion 158 grain JSP.
I use those because they are the most accurate in my lever gun. I also shoot a revolver.
From what I've seen "generally" is that 357 Mag ammo is running about $.50 per round, plus shipping and tax if they apply.
Start thinking about reloading is my advice.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,680
Posts: 25,150,382
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18082 users online. 118 members and 17964 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment