Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dan Wesson Valor vs Les Baer P II

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ander
    Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 266

    Dan Wesson Valor vs Les Baer P II

    I think I've narrowed down my next purchase to one I the above mentioned pistols and I'd love to get some feedback from my fellow Calgunners. Any insight is appreciated!
  • #2
    PolishMike
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2007
    • 6034

    Looks like you already made up your mind -

    Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

    Comment

    • #3
      Saigon1965
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Nov 2003
      • 17278

      Is it even on the list ? DW that is -

      Comment

      • #4
        Saigon1965
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Nov 2003
        • 17278

        These are the only DW on the list -

        Classic / CCL / Stainless Steel Pistol 4 1/4" .45 ACP 1/31/2009
        PM7-S / Stainless Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 1/31/2009

        Comment

        • #5
          ander
          Member
          • Sep 2008
          • 266

          Damn that list. Is there a way to find out if DW will apply to get the Valor onto the list?

          Comment

          • #6
            ck867
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 1235

            only the cbob and pointman 7 is on the list. Contact CZ USA to see if they plan to put the valor on the list. Or if the nerf thing work outs, you can nerf it

            Comment

            • #7
              trickyvic
              Senior Member
              • May 2006
              • 1239

              CZ doesn't plan to submit any new models. So I say go for the Les Baer.

              Comment

              • #8
                ander
                Member
                • Sep 2008
                • 266

                Thanks for the help. I guess the Valor is out. What about the Les Baer vs the PM7, a Fusion, sig TTT, or a kimber team match?

                I don't know much about fusion and I know sig is brand new to the 1911 game. The kimber is readily available but I keep hearing horror stories about newer kimbers.
                Thanks for the input.

                Comment

                • #9
                  trickyvic
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2006
                  • 1239

                  If you can afford it, go for the Baer. Good luck with whatever you decide.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Black Majik
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 9695

                    Prior to NeRFing the gun, no one here has any real experience with it. However... it'd be interesting to see how it stacks up to a PII. If anyone in Socal has one, I'd be willing to compare notes.

                    I apologize before hand for leaving fingerprints as I lovingly fondle it... err... oops.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      slick_711
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 4400

                      (my opinion to follow)

                      The Baer is the best 1911 on the market.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ander
                        Member
                        • Sep 2008
                        • 266

                        How can I learn more about NeRFing a handgun into California? I'm limited to this iPhone for internet so it's tough to do good research.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          trinydex
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 4720

                          there's a premiere ii in classfieds

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ander
                            Member
                            • Sep 2008
                            • 266

                            I've contacted both of those sellers. The one with the 1.5" is spoken for

                            I'm waiting for a response from the other seller.

                            Since the Dan Wesson PM7 and the Les Baer PII both have such a tight frame/slide tolerance is it better to buy these new or used?
                            Is the Les Baer's price over the Dan Wesson worth it? I've handled both but shot neither.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Max-the-Silent
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2007
                              • 786

                              Originally posted by ander
                              I think I've narrowed down my next purchase to one I the above mentioned pistols and I'd love to get some feedback from my fellow Calgunners. Any insight is appreciated!
                              Les Baer, hands down.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1