Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 21sf problem - update

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EvoXguy
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2015
    • 731

    Glock 21sf problem - update

    So I'm having an issue with my 21sf.

    It won't chamber a round with mag loaded full with 10 rounds. Even have a problem with getting the mags to fully seat inside the frame. Have to really snap them in.

    With 9 rounds loaded it works just fine. Can reproduce the exact same effects with 3 mags and different type ammo.

    Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by EvoXguy; 07-14-2017, 7:08 PM.
    Peace through superior firepower
  • #2
    Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2015
    • 6504

    Lube up the magwell maybe.

    Comment

    • #3
      Oceanbob
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2010
      • 12720

      Are we to assume it worked fine at one time?

      Have you disassembled the Pistol recently?

      Bob
      Last edited by Oceanbob; 10-13-2016, 2:14 PM. Reason: Sougff
      May the Bridges I burn light the way.

      Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

      Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

      Comment

      • #4
        Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2015
        • 6504

        Could be pocket lint if you carry it regularly.
        God knows my beretta has about a shirts worth of belly button lint inside it.

        Comment

        • #5
          EvoXguy
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2015
          • 731

          Originally posted by Oceanbob
          Are we to assume it worked fine at one time?

          Have to disassembled the Pistol recently?

          Bob

          Yes, took it to the range before and no problems. Havnt used it since about 5 months. Cleaned after the range as well
          Peace through superior firepower

          Comment

          • #6
            blkside
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2012
            • 1301

            Is that the only mag you have? Have you tried others to verify they work? Did you disassemble the mag to clean it? Maybe debris inside mag?
            Originally posted by TonyNorCal
            If I'm going to spend money to touch a woman then it's going to be at a Nevada brothel, on Craiglist hooker, or trolling the streets in a camper van.

            Comment

            • #7
              Oceanbob
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jun 2010
              • 12720

              Originally posted by EvoXguy
              Yes, took it to the range before and no problems. Havnt used it since about 5 months. Cleaned after the range as well
              Remove the slide. Shove an empty mag into the frame.

              When you cleaned the gun did you remove the locking block pin?
              Or mess with the slide stop......?
              May the Bridges I burn light the way.

              Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

              Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

              Comment

              • #8
                Win231
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2015
                • 2099

                I don't load 10 in mine for the same reason. The 10-round limit makes it very difficult to load the 10th round and also difficult to chamber it.

                If you remove the slide & slowly insert a 10-round mag with 10 rounds in it, you'll see why. The top round hits the ejector & when you try to force the magazine to seat, it bends the ejector.

                Comment

                • #9
                  bk23103
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2014
                  • 1096

                  That is odd. I'm able to get 11 in my G21 mags, and they feed reliably with a plus one.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    EvoXguy
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2015
                    • 731

                    Originally posted by blkside
                    Is that the only mag you have? Have you tried others to verify they work? Did you disassemble the mag to clean it? Maybe debris inside mag?
                    Verified same results with 3 factory mags. Never disassembled them

                    Originally posted by Oceanbob
                    Remove the slide. Shove an empty mag into the frame.

                    When you cleaned the gun did you remove the locking block pin?
                    Or mess with the slide stop......?
                    Nope just a normal strip down to clean.

                    Originally posted by Win231
                    I don't load 10 in mine for the same reason. The 10-round limit makes it very difficult to load the 10th round and also difficult to chamber it.

                    If you remove the slide & slowly insert a 10-round mag with 10 rounds in it, you'll see why. The top round hits the ejector & when you try to force the magazine to seat, it bends the ejector.

                    Yeah I did some research and it appears others have had this problem too. One guys fix was to file down the follewers
                    Peace through superior firepower

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Denver Dick
                      Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 470

                      Well, in my experience with my five Glocks, including a G21, this is not unusual with California mandated 10 round magazines. By the time you get the 10th round in the magazine, things are pretty darn tight in there. If the slide is closed, it is difficult to insert a fully loaded 10 round magazine. Since I shoot my Glocks only on the range and don't carry them, I usually lock the slide back to begin my shooting, insert the magazine, pull the slide back and let it fly forward. (I believe in Slide Locks, not Slide Releases. )

                      Now, I can insert a loaded 10 round magazine with the slide forward and get it to seat, but it requires more of a "bang" rather than "shove." If any of you have any hi-cap magazines for Glocks, you will note that when the 13th round of .45 ACP is loaded there is still some play left, not enough to get a 14th round in, but enough to make inserting a loaded magazine in a lot easier. I think that since the hi-cap bans came along, manufacturers have been so deathly afraid that some strong armed ape of a DOJ guy will force an 11th round in a magazine designated as 10 rounder. So, they leave barely enough room for the 10th round with hardly no room at all to spare. After all, no manufacturer wants to be tagged with making illegal 11 round magazines.
                      Last edited by Denver Dick; 10-13-2016, 4:16 PM. Reason: Typo correction
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Rifle ronin
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2016
                        • 1196

                        They are very tight! I can usually load all my other mags with my bare hands, no problem. I just got a G21 and have to use the loader provides by Glock. I hope they loosen up over time.
                        I dreamed of owning a (insert off roster gun here)...

                        Oh yeah....then the earth splits open with me on one side and the (off roster gun) on the other. Then appeared a large red-glowing pit with gavin newscum, diane frankenstein and governor "brown the drain" at the bottom of it, waving their pitchforks at me.
                        (Non caps intended)

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          EvoXguy
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2015
                          • 731

                          Yeah getting the 10th round in the mag is definitely a pia. It's the part where I can't even chamber a round with them in that has me concerned.
                          Peace through superior firepower

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            gargodude
                            Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 241

                            I'm having the same problem with some new factory 10-round mags I bought for my 28 year-old G17. I can't even get a 10th round in there and I refuse to use a loader. I barely got the 9th round in. If I can't get the 10th in there after a day or so, I'm going to take them apart and see if I can shave down something a bit.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Truck286
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2016
                              • 558

                              Its the Mags... Load them and leave them for a few days to a few weeks...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1