Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Underwood 10mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SandHill
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 2210

    Underwood 10mm

    Is Underwood's 10mm ever on sale? I mean, I know its priced really well to start with. If it never goes on sale, I will still buy it. But if they have sales form time to time I would like to know about it so I can stock up accordingly. I have never seen a sale from them.
    Pooty Poot, you sure screwed the pooch this time! - Ghost of Roza Shanina, WWII Soviet Sniper
  • #2
    coachrv
    Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 103

    Originally posted by SandHill
    Is Underwood's 10mm ever on sale? I mean, I know its priced really well to start with. If it never goes on sale, I will still buy it. But if they have sales form time to time I would like to know about it so I can stock up accordingly. I have never seen a sale from them.
    They offer free shipping every now and then. Sign up to their emails and they will let you know

    Comment

    • #3
      Bill Steele
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2010
      • 5028

      I haven't followed it lately. IIRC, they used to have modest sales from time to time, a couple bucks off a box of 50. Also as coachry indicated, occasionally free shipping?
      When asked what qualities he most valued in his generals, Napoleon said, "give me lucky ones."

      Comment

      • #4
        billped
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 2504

        C'mon, just buy it! :-)

        I need to get some as well, perhaps we could go in on a larger quantity if that will lower the cost. I probably need 500-1000 rounds.
        Bill

        Comment

        • #5
          Blade Gunner
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 4422

          If you're focused on reasonable priced self defense rounds, 10mm is not a good place to start looking. Demand is low and supply follows. Only Glock and Kimber make 10mm on the roster.
          If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing it all wrong.

          Comment

          • #6
            AdiosKali
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2009
            • 1235

            Underwood had free shipping over the Labor Day holiday. This pushed me to place an order for some 10mm. Maybe Halloween or Pre-election free shipping deal?
            Looking to acquire a Marlin 336 Texan. Hit me up if you are contemplating getting rid of one.

            Comment

            • #7
              robert101
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 1997

              I can't answer your Underwood question. But, I offer that if you want inexpensive ammo, reload your own. You can buy the best bullets available and reload them to the speeds addressed in reloading manuals. Good luck with your quest for sale ammunition.

              Comment

              • #8
                trackcage
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2015
                • 1777

                Originally posted by Blade Gunner
                If you're focused on reasonable priced self defense rounds, 10mm is not a good place to start looking. Demand is low and supply follows. Only Glock and Kimber make 10mm on the roster.
                You're not wrong, but this is irrelevent here b/c Underwood doesn't just sell to California. 10mm is also coming back into popularity among those looking for wrist breaking recoil. If that's your thing, there are only a few manufacturers that load 10mm to anything close to what it was intended - DoubleTap, Underwood, Buffalo Bore...

                Comment

                • #9
                  jdigi101
                  Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 415

                  The last free shipping was at the end of August.

                  They send a few offers every month if you are on their mailer.
                  Last edited by jdigi101; 09-21-2016, 9:17 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    leadstorm
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 1191

                    Originally posted by robert101
                    I can't answer your Underwood question. But, I offer that if you want inexpensive ammo, reload your own. You can buy the best bullets available and reload them to the speeds addressed in reloading manuals. Good luck with your quest for sale ammunition.
                    True.

                    It's been pretty well established that Underwood uses Hi-Skor 800X shotgun powder in all of their 10mm loads. Use new Starline brass and work up your loads in accordance with best practices and you can replicate their ballistics for a given projectile.

                    Longshot powder is more stable from a pressure standpoint, meters much better than 800X, and will get you very close to the same ballistics.

                    FWIW, maxing out 10mm loads is mostly an academic achievement with questionable safety margins. Simply backing off by 150fps from nuclear is much easier on all your equipment (brass included) and stays away from crazy high-end pressure phenomena, while still smashing things downrange just fine.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jdigi101
                      Member
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 415

                      Funny. Just got this:

                      Add in-stock products to your cart totaling $100 or more.
                      Enter the promo code "FALL2016" into the box titled "Coupon Code" on the Shopping Cart page.
                      Discount is immediately applied to cart.
                      Offer valid beginning 12:00 p.m. September 21, 2016 through Midnight (CST)

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        CandG
                        Spent $299 for this text!
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Apr 2014
                        • 16970

                        Buy in large quantities, and Walla! instant discount

                        As mentioned above, they have a free shipping promo at least once a month (including one today), there's no reason to ever pay for shipping with Undwerwood as long as you time it right. Sign up for their mailing list, don't worry they won't spam you.
                        Last edited by CandG; 09-21-2016, 11:26 AM.
                        Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Carcassonne
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 4897

                          Originally posted by coachrv
                          They offer free shipping every now and then. Sign up to their emails and they will let you know
                          +1

                          They will probably do something on the Black Friday weekend; November 27-30.



                          .
                          Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

                          In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

                          I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Carcassonne
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 4897

                            Originally posted by robert101
                            I can't answer your Underwood question. But, I offer that if you want inexpensive ammo, reload your own. You can buy the best bullets available and reload them to the speeds addressed in reloading manuals. Good luck with your quest for sale ammunition.
                            Here is a good place for 10mm factory load data




                            .
                            Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

                            In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

                            I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SandHill
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2012
                              • 2210

                              Originally posted by jdigi101
                              Funny. Just got this:

                              Add in-stock products to your cart totaling $100 or more.
                              Enter the promo code "FALL2016" into the box titled "Coupon Code" on the Shopping Cart page.
                              Discount is immediately applied to cart.
                              Offer valid beginning 12:00 p.m. September 21, 2016 through Midnight (CST)
                              Thanks, Jdigi!

                              As for some other replies, its pretty interesting the answers you get to questions not asked. "If you're focused on reasonable priced self defense rounds, 10mm is not a good place to start looking." Thanks for that pearl of wisdom! Um.....no, I am not focused on that here. I have lots of other options for that.

                              I know I should roll my own for 10mm, but it ain't happening any time soon. I have been running Sig Sauer 180 FMJ out of my G20SF. They clock at 1250 fps for about 625 muzzle energy. Not bad! Best of all, if you buy them at Cabelas right now, on sale, 10% off, free shipping, use gift cards from eBay and use ActiveJunky, you can get them for under 30 cpr shipped!

                              Underwood has some 180's that run 1300 fps, but they are 62 cpr even with free shipping today. Hard to see the extra 50 fps worth more than double the cost. However, Underwood also has some 155's that run 1500 fps for 774 pounds muzzle energy. Also 62 cpr. Might be worth it just for grins.

                              Thanks all.
                              Pooty Poot, you sure screwed the pooch this time! - Ghost of Roza Shanina, WWII Soviet Sniper

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1