Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Browning Hi Power thoughts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Exodus343
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 4740

    Browning Hi Power thoughts?

    Gonna go pick one up today (start 10 day wait -_- )

    What kinda inputs can fellow owners give me?

    And is the ammo myth of running +P rounds just a myth? Or should I avoid all high pressure rounds ?
    "Adversity Introduces Us To Ourselves"

    sigpic
  • #2
    Garv the innocent
    RSG Minion, Senior
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Apr 2014
    • 9075

    Watch your grip for slide bite.
    Consider the magazine disconnect fix.

    Shoot, have fun.
    Originally posted by Kestryll:
    It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....

    Comment

    • #3
      Canucky
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 4265

      Which model? Bet you love it.

      Comment

      • #4
        keith1911
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 1297

        Get on the waiting list for a pair of Spegel Grips.

        Comment

        • #5
          hundreddollarman
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2012
          • 1485

          You're going to love it OP. What kind are you getting? I have a black MKIII. BHPs have outstanding ergonomics and point/shoot so naturally for me. Mine's had about 2,000 rounds through it without any kind of malfunction. One of these days I want to get it shipped to C&S for some work.

          Comment

          • #6
            nikki#2
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2009
            • 2164

            Originally posted by Garv

            Watch your grip for slide bite.
            Consider the magazine disconnect fix.

            Shoot, have fun.
            +1. You going Standard or MK3 ? The bluing on the Standard is excellent.








            Comment

            • #7
              Exodus343
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2012
              • 4740

              I'm not sure which variant it is
              It's got Novak style sights but seller told me the serial number dates it to 1980 production
              "Adversity Introduces Us To Ourselves"

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                echopapa
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2012
                • 986

                Sights are a pain to find..Wanted to get a fiber optic front, and nowhere to be found

                Comment

                • #9
                  nikki#2
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 2164

                  Originally posted by echopapa

                  Sights are a pain to find..Wanted to get a fiber optic front, and nowhere to be found
                  Not a fan of Dawson? https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...-front-sights/

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    trigger945
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 5795

                    It is a fine gun. The stock trigger is a bit heavy to my liking. I get the infamous hammer bite. My BHP is not a gun I shoot often - I have many other guns for that purpose, mostly CZ's and 1911's. But when I do, I enjoy it when wearing a glove.
                    One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

                    AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      omega
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 3114

                      I have a FEG BHP clone, it's not really that great of a gun in my opinion, I would recommend a more modern 9mm like a CZ75

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Exodus343
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 4740

                        I have a cz sp01
                        I just want a BHP for my collection
                        "Adversity Introduces Us To Ourselves"

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          nikki#2
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 2164

                          Originally posted by Exodus343

                          I have a cz sp01
                          I just want a BHP for my collection
                          Great minds think alike!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jyo
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Sep 2008
                            • 5320

                            Browning P35 is old school, metal pistol with great grip and natural pointing---I carried one (cocked & locked) for 12 years when managing gun stores (there wasn't much choice in those days)---the more modern MK111 (cast frame) Hi Powers will be fine with +P ammo, I would avoid such ammo in earlier pistols. These days, I would probably choose a more modern poly-pistol like an HK P2000 or P30 for a carry pistol, but the fine old Browning will still do the job! A true classic and a fine shooter!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Che762x39
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 4538

                              Originally posted by Exodus343
                              I'm not sure which variant it is
                              It's got Novak style sights but seller told me the serial number dates it to 1980 production
                              I got a 1981 BHP. When the FBI had the BHP for their HRT they had Novaks so maybe FBI surplus.

                              I would use standard 9mm and the Remington 115 JHP (#R9MM1) is what I use for reliability.

                              If it said "Assembled in Portugal" on frame then it is good for +P because that is a cast frame and not a forged frame.

                              Enjoy and thank you for sharing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1