Seriously this. They have excellent retention but cost less than a crappy universal nylon holster. And you can buy a holster and two of their magazone pouches which are also very good for around $35. Also blackhawk brand nylon duty belts are only around $25 -$35 on amazon. You can get everything you need for less than the price of 1 high end kydex holster.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Holster useless?
Collapse
X
-
Holsters are no different than guns. Some argue you'll never really need it so why buy it, but if you ever do need either and you don't have it you'll feel pretty stupid.
Blade tech makes really nice holsters for owb. I also like the serpa holsters but some instructors/schools don't like them. I have an alien gear owb that hides a full size pretty well by holding it snug into your body, but that attribute also makes it less useful for classes or competition.Buying a safe and sane firework is like paying a hooker for a hug. I do not see the appeal in it.Comment
-
-
The Fobus holsters are okay.A bunch of nice guys on here.
What do you think of this holster?
I also have a streamlight light/laser attached to the glock 19 so ordered this
https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Stan...=fubus+holster
Not very durable and are easy to break.
Which is why they are so inexpensive.
So, if you don't mind replacing them or having a few spares on hand in case they break, then they are good for range use.sigpic
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).Comment
-
Forgive me but, where are holsters part of the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting course? Also, you do realize that the NRA no longer has a "Basic Pistol" course. There is a new course now.
So, top holster makers like Desantis who have been making all leather IWB holsters for decades are doing their customers a disservice? I know plenty of LEOs and other CCW holders that have never had a problem with an all leather holster. True, it isn't a good choice for the OP's class needs but, it might be a perfect choice for other wants or needs.
BTW, if u don't like looking at sig lines, you have the option of turning them off.NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
Utah CCW Instructor
Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.
sigpic CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE
KM6WLVComment
-
-
No direct experience with Fobus, but as Quiet said, people generally say it's not all that durable.A bunch of nice guys on here.
What do you think of this holster?
What about Hanks Gunner belt? I wear dressy pasts often so if this belt looks great and lasts a lifetime its a win win?
I also have a streamlight light/laser attached to the glock 19 so ordered this
https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Stan...=fubus+holster
After using a Blade Tech OWB for several classes, I'm a big fan. Lanbo's Armory usually has good prices on them. I would recommend this one for a Glock 19 (for range use, not CCW in S CA).
I've used leather belts from Galco and Hank's for classes. They both work well, but Galco has the edge in appearance and slimness. The Hank's belt is less expensive, but it protrudes a lot at the buckle. I'm a thin guy, so it can be noticeable. It's fine for the range, but not something I personally would want for CCW (this is purely cosmetic, btw).Comment
-
If basic foolproof owb holster is required then I'll add my recommendation for the Glock sport holster. Costs the same or less than a crappy holster and will do the trick. It also is close to the body and would work for ccw with jacket or large shirt.
Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkComment
-
There are quality holsters that are designed to fit many different firearms. He does not need one designed specifically for one exact make and model. Here's a good example:
The Model 578 GLS™ Pro-Fit brings the unique GLS™ (Grip Lock System) and SafariSeven™ together in a holster designed to fit a wide variety of guns. The Pro-Fit™ is customizable and adjusts to securely fit over 225 firearms. The 578 also features the GLS™, an innovative technology that automatically secures the weapon wNRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
Utah CCW Instructor
Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.
sigpic CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE
KM6WLVComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,144
Posts: 25,144,803
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,510
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 35682 users online. 118 members and 35564 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment