Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SIG 938 help needed...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Infidelxx
    Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 200

    SIG 938 help needed...

    I recently purchased a used SiG 938 born in 2013. I have read many of these Sigs have had FTE/FTF issues due to a bad main spring housing and or sear spring. Apparently Sig will replace them if they deem it necessary or you twist their arm. I am wondering how many owners here have experienced this issue. Also I'm not to keen on the heavy SA trigger. I would love to have it lightened. Can anyone give me some reputable SIG smiths to look at? I have not called Sig yet but I have read they won't lighten the trigger on the 938. Also any ideas of upgrades that can be done on top of lightening the trigger would be appreciated.
  • #2
    SkyHawk
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2012
    • 23531

    Send it to Sig custom shop for an action enhancement, they will tune the trigger.



    Action Enhancement Package – Our factory gunsmiths hone and polish critical surfaces to lighten and smooth both the double-action and single-action trigger pulls taking your SIG SAUER to the next level without voiding the factory warranty. Includes Feed Ramp Polish. (Excludes SP2009, SP2340, SP2022, 226X5/X6, Mosquito, 1911-22, P210, P220 SAO, P226 SAO, P232/230, P238, P938, P250, P290 and DAK models.) $179.95*
    If you are patient, this package goes on sale a couple times a year.
    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

    Comment

    • #3
      Infidelxx
      Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 200

      Originally posted by SkyHawk
      Send it to Sig custom shop for an action enhancement, they will tune the trigger.





      If you are patient, this package goes on sale a couple times a year.
      Am I missing something? When I read that package it says that it "Excludes" the P938.

      Comment

      • #4
        SkyHawk
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2012
        • 23531

        Originally posted by Infidelxx
        Am I missing something? When I read that package it says that it "Excludes" the P938.
        Sorry, I missed that. Sell it to me and be done with your problems
        Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

        Comment

        • #5
          Ceeceerider71
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2015
          • 590

          FTE/FTF issues with a Sig 938 are very common.... My 938 absolutely refuses to eat 115gr at all... I only feed it 124gr and problem solved. As far as the trigger... These guns are not meant for competition, they mostly are meant to be small carry guns so I never gave a thought to the trigger. Try 124gr ammo and see if that helps

          Comment

          • #6
            Nrai2020
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2013
            • 2343

            Ya my sig 938 has FTE issues pretty much every other mag I run through it.. Any recommendations?

            Comment

            • #7
              Infidelxx
              Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 200

              Yes guys there is a fix. Sig is aware of the problem but refuses to do a recall. Read the following thread it explains it all. If you send the gun to sig they will fix it. Here's the link: http://sigtalk.com/#/forumsite/21398...s/46513?page=1

              Comment

              • #8
                AFTII
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2014
                • 1617

                My P938 required significant break in before it ran reliably. After about 500 rounds down the tube, it ran 115 gn ball and Hornady Critical Defense flawlessly. It has never liked Winchester T-Seriies or HST though. I just stuck with Critical Defense for carry.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Stingray3
                  Junior Member
                  • Aug 2016
                  • 41

                  Robert Burke, the Sig Armorer http://thesigarmorer.com/services will do a trigger job on the 938s for $195.
                  If the women can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Friesland
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 873

                    Robert Burke, the Sig Armorer http://thesigarmorer.com/services will do a trigger job on the 938s for $195.

                    is it just me that considers that a little high?
                    Last edited by Friesland; 08-09-2016, 9:17 PM.
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."-
                    Samuel Adams

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Infidelxx
                      Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 200

                      Originally posted by Stingray3
                      Robert Burke, the Sig Armorer http://thesigarmorer.com/services will do a trigger job on the 938s for $195.
                      This looks very promising and I like the fact that it doesn't void the Factory warranty. Plus they have their own lifetime warranty. Thanks!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Bad Caselaw
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 808

                        Originally posted by Infidelxx
                        I recently purchased a used SiG 938 born in 2013. I have read many of these Sigs have had FTE/FTF issues due to a bad main spring housing and or sear spring. Apparently Sig will replace them if they deem it necessary or you twist their arm. I am wondering how many owners here have experienced this issue....
                        My Q.1 is:

                        Have You experienced any FTE/FTF's in Your P938?

                        The only problem that I have experienced w/ my OCT14 P938 is that, once, very early on, I lost a round from the mag. Five rounds fired and one ended up on the floor.

                        Other than that? The trigger breaks like an icicle at ~ 4lbs, it is extremely precise, and has been otherwise flawless in operation.

                        I shoot exclusively 147 gr. ammo - Federal and Speer TMJ/FP, and Winchester Ranger-T Series JHP




                        Caselaw
                        "We're surrounded. That simplifies things."

                        - Col. LB "Chesty" Puller USMC - Chosin Reservoir

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Pipe Smoker
                          Junior Member
                          • Mar 2015
                          • 92

                          +1 on Robert Burke. But before you send it to him, buy the new-design MSH & sear spring from SIG (inexpensive). Include those along with the pistol, and Robert will likely install those new parts with no additional charge.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Infidelxx
                            Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 200

                            Originally posted by Bad Caselaw
                            My Q.1 is:

                            Have You experienced any FTE/FTF's in Your P938?

                            The only problem that I have experienced w/ my OCT14 P938 is that, once, very early on, I lost a round from the mag. Five rounds fired and one ended up on the floor.

                            Other than that? The trigger breaks like an icicle at ~ 4lbs, it is extremely precise, and has been otherwise flawless in operation.

                            I shoot exclusively 147 gr. ammo - Federal and Speer TMJ/FP, and Winchester Ranger-T Series JHP




                            Caselaw
                            No I have not had any failures yet because I have not shot it yet. I believe you may have the GenII parts in yours. 4lbs for a stock P938 is awesome. As far as ammo goes. I would like to use multiple types because of availability issues.

                            Originally posted by Pipe Smoker
                            +1 on Robert Burke. But before you send it to him, buy the new-design MSH & sear spring from SIG (inexpensive). Include those along with the pistol, and Robert will likely install those new parts with no additional charge.
                            I called him this morning and he told me the MSH and Sear were warranty issues and would be fixed free of charge. at this point I'm pretty sure this is the route I'm headed.

                            When it's comes to guns I don't mind paying the price for a reliable gun that's eats many types of ammo.
                            Last edited by Infidelxx; 08-09-2016, 10:30 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              FRIZZLEFRY
                              Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 112

                              I might have close to 3k rounds through mine. All varieties ammo ranging from cheap aluminum cased stuff to higher end self defence rounds.

                              When I shoot it, it's right out of the pocket with whatever dirt, lint, fuzz, or whatever ends up in it.

                              Usually run 250+ though it an outing. Between the plinking and defensive courses I have taken, I have had zero issues.

                              No complaints with the trigger weight either.

                              Go shoot it a bit before you spend money on it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1