Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best muzzle device for 10.3 inch AR Pistol

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jldc0312
    Member
    • Mar 2016
    • 137

    Best muzzle device for 10.3 inch AR Pistol

    I just purchased an 10.3 inch barrel AR pistol chambered in 300blk (the Daniel Defense DDm4 300) from a local calgunner and wanted to get your guys opinions on what muzzle device to get for it. Looking for reduced muzzle flash and reduction in noise. From what I see the flaming pig from Noveske is very popular but is that the best?
  • #2
    BigPimping
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 21487

    I have a KAK Kan from KAK industries. Same as the Noveske, but way less money. It is on a 7.5 inch upper and works well the one time I used it.
    sigpic

    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

    Don't let your history be a mystery

    Comment

    • #3
      Cheezle56
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2012
      • 938

      This is the best muzzle device for a 10.5, it's lightweight and short.
      If you need help with any stragglers, call a friend, because it's likely that they have a gun. America in particular have done exceptionally well taking care of the problem, as there are 1.12 guns for every 1 American citizen. So throw a rock, you'll probably hit a gun, pick up that gun, then shoot a zombie.

      Comment

      • #4
        Cheezle56
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2012
        • 938

        Nvm, its 300... wrong size.
        If you need help with any stragglers, call a friend, because it's likely that they have a gun. America in particular have done exceptionally well taking care of the problem, as there are 1.12 guns for every 1 American citizen. So throw a rock, you'll probably hit a gun, pick up that gun, then shoot a zombie.

        Comment

        • #5
          ARDude
          Veteran Member
          • May 2006
          • 2723

          Forgive my ignorance, but what is it like shooting an ar pistol in .223/300 BO, or other high velocity rounds without a muzzle device.

          I have shot rifles in those calibers, and in the daylight, it isn't much difference.
          Real-life Girls

          Comment

          • #6
            ChuckDizzle
            Banned
            • Dec 2013
            • 4398

            A birdcage style flash suppressor, or an A1 style.

            You are going to want to vent and break up that gas, muzzle break/compensator devices increase the concussion to a point where the pistol is nearly unusable and certainly not practical for close quarters.

            Comment

            • #7
              ChuckDizzle
              Banned
              • Dec 2013
              • 4398

              Originally posted by ARDude
              Forgive my ignorance, but what is it like shooting an ar pistol in .223/300 BO, or other high velocity rounds without a muzzle device.

              I have shot rifles in those calibers, and in the daylight, it isn't much difference.
              Huge, I had my Mini 14 cut and recrowned at 16 inches. The concussion and and muzzle flash was so ridiculous that people at the indoor range would swear I was shooting .308 or larger.

              Within an hour of sunset the thing was like a flame thrower. .300 isn't too bad because it burns up more of the powder in the barrel as opposed to the 5.56 which was developed with 20" barrels in mind.

              Comment

              • #8
                Kmai24
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2013
                • 1220

                I say go linear on 10.5" and under unless you don't mind the concussion from a brake.

                Comment

                • #9
                  dozer wright
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 2764

                  Pws Cqb you will be happy . Pws actually had to redesign it because it cut to much noise and Atf ruled it a Silencer .

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    deephouse
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 3858

                    The Flaming Pig's Krink design provides a little bit of back pressure to help with cycling shorter barrel lengths. I'd say shoot it first...and then figure out if you need it. I suspect at the very least, you'll want something that projects the sound/blast forward.... those types are marketed as "shrouded" or "concussion" type muzzles.

                    Good luck!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Jimi Jah
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2014
                      • 19273

                      Go linear. It pushes the flames forward away from your face.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Jldc0312
                        Member
                        • Mar 2016
                        • 137

                        appreciate all the advice...have an idea of what to get now.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          LeadFarmer74
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2015
                          • 3105

                          If you want muzzle flash reduction don't get the surefire MB or the pig. Both are very flashy and the surefire is very concussive for other shooters. I run the surefire though.
                          NRA Lifer
                          Originally posted by Click Boom
                          I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            KaLiFORNIA
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 1189

                            Surefire warden

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              1911su16b870
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 7654

                              The 3/4 prong muzzle breaks are very good at flash reduction (bear in mind that the ammo's powder used and anti-flash additives are also relevant), but for a short barrel, I also like the surefire 3P SOCOM style items with their warden.

                              If you don't like Surefire, then you can always go Gem-tech with a quickmount for a blast jacket. The have some good bird-cage devices that are also good at flash reduction.
                              "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

                              NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
                              GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
                              Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
                              I instruct it if you shoot it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1