Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig P239 Questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Go Navy
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 2191

    Sig P239 Questions

    I own two Sig P226s and one P229. The P239 in 9mm is interesting to me, but I've never handled nor fired one. All questions below pertain to the 9mm version, which is my "house wine".

    How easy is the slide to rack compared to the larger models?

    How's the perceived recoil?

    Is the P239 still on your next Senator's (Harris) approved list for us Calif. peasants? (Sorry, I'm lazy...I know I could look it up.)

    Thanks.....
    USN Veteran, Gun Owners of Calif. Member, NRA Life Member

    You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
  • #2
    Jack Straw from Wichita
    Member
    • Jul 2006
    • 300

    Originally posted by Go Navy
    I own two Sig P226s and one P229. The P239 in 9mm is interesting to me, but I've never handled nor fired one. All questions below pertain to the 9mm version, which is my "house wine".

    How easy is the slide to rack compared to the larger models?
    I have no difficulty with mine. On a par with a 226.

    How's the perceived recoil?
    Quite manageable, even with +P loads.

    Is the P239 still on your next Senator's (Harris) approved list for us Calif. peasants? (Sorry, I'm lazy...I know I could look it up.)
    Indeed. Look it up here:

    sigpic

    NRA Member

    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

    Comment

    • #3
      Go Navy
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 2191

      Thanks, Jack Straw!
      USN Veteran, Gun Owners of Calif. Member, NRA Life Member

      You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. (Ronald Reagan, 1964)

      Comment

      • #4
        Barang
        CGN Contributor
        • Aug 2013
        • 13412

        My wife bought one in April and had a chance to shoot it for the first time and we both love it. She has no problem pulling the slide back (just a tad stiffer but you won't notice it unless you're concentrating on it). Recoil is a non-issue.

        My P226's and P229's are mostly .40s&w so I just bought my own P239 in .40s&w couple of days ago. I'm a forty guy as you can tell.
        Last edited by Barang; 06-11-2016, 11:32 AM.

        Comment

        • #5
          Go Navy
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2008
          • 2191

          Originally posted by Barang
          My wife bought one on April and had a chance to shoot it for the first time and we both love it. She has no problem pulling the slide back (just a tad stiffer but you won't notice it unless you're concentrating on it). Recoil is a non-issue.

          My P226's and P229's are mostly .40s&w so I just bought my own P239 in .40s&w couple of days ago in . I'm a forty guy as you can tell.
          So, Barang, you have a different house wine than I, but also a very good one to serve to any uninvited guest! Thanks for the helpful comments. In addition to my own interest in the P239, I'm advising an older gentleman with some arthritis in his hands who wants to move up to a 9mm (from a .22 pistol), and will recommend he check out the P239 among others.
          USN Veteran, Gun Owners of Calif. Member, NRA Life Member

          You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. (Ronald Reagan, 1964)

          Comment

          • #6
            Barang
            CGN Contributor
            • Aug 2013
            • 13412

            Originally posted by Go Navy
            So, Barang, you have a different house wine than I, but also a very good one to serve to any uninvited guest! Thanks for the helpful comments. In addition to my own interest in the P239, I'm advising an older gentleman with some arthritis in his hands who wants to move up to a 9mm (from a .22 pistol), and will recommend he check out the P239 among others.
            Oh! forgot to add that it is a single stack. My hand is medium size so I'm replacing the factory grips with Nill wood grips to add thickness to it. Not necessary but that just me.

            Comment

            • #7
              nothingextra
              Senior Member
              • May 2012
              • 838

              Its easy all around, normally I shoot a 229/40.
              If you want to try mine I shoot handguns at Richmond and San Leandro.
              115gr +p+ is my load, bring your own 115fr fmj if you want a light plinker.

              Originally posted by Go Navy
              I own two Sig P226s and one P229. The P239 in 9mm is interesting to me, but I've never handled nor fired one. All questions below pertain to the 9mm version, which is my "house wine".

              How easy is the slide to rack compared to the larger models?

              How's the perceived recoil?

              Is the P239 still on your next Senator's (Harris) approved list for us Calif. peasants? (Sorry, I'm lazy...I know I could look it up.)

              Thanks.....

              Comment

              • #8
                bblr
                Member
                • May 2014
                • 309

                I just took my 10 year old daughter to the range for the first time. She handled my EDC P239/9 with no problem. She managed the recoil and could easily rack the slide.
                My LTC's: CAAZNV

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1