Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

9mm FACTORY AMMO

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lor
    Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 351

    9mm FACTORY AMMO

    Among the abundance of 9mm factory loads that are used at the range, is there a brand that is considered to use cleaner burning primers and powders? I've been using some Blazer Brass lately, and it seems to leave a lot of residue.
  • #2
    LeadFarmer74
    Veteran Member
    • May 2015
    • 3105

    I find PPU to be fairly clean.
    NRA Lifer
    Originally posted by Click Boom
    I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!

    Comment

    • #3
      tanakasan
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2011
      • 1638

      I like Lawman and Magtech.

      Robet
      WTB/WTT

      Comment

      • #4
        DSB
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2011
        • 1005

        I like Speer Lawman, American Eagle, PPU, and Federal. Federal seemed to be dirtier than Speer or American Eagle. Winchester White Box is cheap and reliable, but a little dirtier, too.
        Last edited by DSB; 05-07-2016, 6:42 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          just blaze
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2015
          • 68

          I like to exclusively use Lawman as well. No particular reason but it works, runs clean and is priced right. Ran Winchester Nato before and it wasn't bad either but definitely dirtier

          Comment

          • #6
            DSB
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 1005

            Another good reason to use Speer Lawman is that SG Ammo frequently has it at very good prices!

            Comment

            • #7
              fritztkatt
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2015
              • 1061

              How dirty is dirtier? Wolf, ppu, blazer, win nato, federal, all run the same (recoil differs) when it's time to clean for me. Maybe one is worse, but it all comes clean just the same.

              Comment

              • #8
                Litespeeds
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2015
                • 3260

                I'm more concerned about accuracy than dirty. Not a fan of Winchester White Box but do like Magtech, S&B, American Eagle and Blazer Brass in 124 gr.

                Comment

                • #9
                  just blaze
                  Junior Member
                  • Jul 2015
                  • 68

                  Originally posted by DSB
                  Another good reason to use Speer Lawman is that SG Ammo frequently has it at very good prices!
                  Where I always order mine

                  Originally posted by fritztkatt
                  How dirty is dirtier? Wolf, ppu, blazer, win nato, federal, all run the same (recoil differs) when it's time to clean for me. Maybe one is worse, but it all comes clean just the same.
                  Negligible but something I just noticed between the two.


                  Originally posted by Litespeeds
                  I'm more concerned about accuracy than dirty. Not a fan of Winchester White Box but do like Magtech, S&B, American Eagle and Blazer Brass in 124 gr.
                  Been wanting to try Blazer Brass. Always hear it's a solid choice

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bongski
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 537

                    I use Sellier and Bellot quite a bit.
                    Seems to be cleaner than magtech.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      billped
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 2504

                      I use S&B, Blazer Brass, and Fiochi, a bit different, but not much.
                      Bill

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        supertrooper
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 624

                        Originally posted by Lor
                        Among the abundance of 9mm factory loads that are used at the range, is there a brand that is considered to use cleaner burning primers and powders? I've been using some Blazer Brass lately, and it seems to leave a lot of residue.
                        there is no such thing as clean burning ammo. after shooting a couple boxes the gun will be dirty and will take the same amount of effort to clean regardless of the ammo brand.
                        A SWAT Monkey is a powerful psychological tool. Imagine you are a criminal hiding in a closet and you hear "Release the monkey!" You would shudder.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Wholagan
                          Junior Member
                          • May 2015
                          • 28

                          I use Magtech and Lawman. Both solid choices.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            BoJackUSMC
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 7091

                            Lawman as well.. sometimes blazer...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CalAlumnus
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2014
                              • 817

                              Lawman is my choice. I'll buy other quality brands if it's cheaper, though. Lawman is $11.04 shipped. Just ordered some American Eagle at $10.12 shipped, and Blazer Brass at $8.99 shipped.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1