Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

2nd gun for under 1k

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • socalgio
    Member
    • Mar 2016
    • 172

    2nd gun for under 1k

    So I recently bought my first gun last month....a glock 17. It seems like I am obsessed now and found a new hobby.....and being on this site isn't helping this new obsession lol

    So I'm looking to buy a second gun now that I'm eligible again. I don't want a glock...I want something different.

    I'm thinking of a Springfield 1911, maybe a Baretta...I know the options are endless.

    What do you guys recommend? I'm not sure what it's main purpose will...Some target shooting, perhaps HD...who knows.

    Pics of recommendations would also be helpful!
  • #2
    Essj000
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 584

    FNX 45 tac. Comes red dot ready

    Comment

    • #3
      Dimitri A.
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 931

      I'd go with a Beretta or a CZ.

      Comment

      • #4
        rkt88edmo
        Reptile&Samurai Moderator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2002
        • 10064

        Training and ammo
        If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
        Use the goog to search calguns

        Comment

        • #5
          Garv the innocent
          RSG Minion, Senior
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Apr 2014
          • 9078

          Revolver
          Originally posted by Kestryll:
          It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....

          Comment

          • #6
            BoJackUSMC
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2010
            • 7091

            Sig p320
            HK vp9

            Comment

            • #7
              k1dude
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2009
              • 15973

              In no particular order:

              1911

              CZ-75

              Sig P226

              Kahr PM9

              Sig P238

              Glock 26
              "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

              "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

              Comment

              • #8
                Germ1
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2014
                • 1165

                Originally posted by rkt88edmo
                Training and ammo
                This

                Comment

                • #9
                  madoka
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 2039

                  Originally posted by socalgio
                  I'm thinking of a Springfield 1911, maybe a Baretta...I know the options are endless.
                  Actually the options in CA are rapidly diminishing due to the roster and idiot politicians.

                  I would consider these:

                  - Beretta 92/96
                  - CZ 75 / SP01
                  - USP 9/40/45
                  - Sig P226

                  Of these, I'd go Sig. My first was a P226 and my second a G17.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    TOM_ONE
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2015
                    • 630

                    My first 1911 was the Springfield Parkerized Mil-spec. I love shooting it.
                    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      buicknutt
                      Member
                      • Jan 2016
                      • 217

                      Hk usp 45 elite
                      Hottest gun you can buy right now if u can find one

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Bullitt01
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2013
                        • 3905

                        Lot of nice guns still avalable in Ca for under 1K

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Bullitt01
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2013
                          • 3905

                          Originally posted by buicknutt
                          Hk usp 45 elite
                          Hottest gun you can buy right now if u can find one
                          What gun store has one?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            tanks
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • 4038

                            ammo brothers did.
                            "... when a man has shot an elephant his life is full"- John Alfred Jordan
                            "A set of ivory tusks speaks of a life well lived." - Unknown

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Javi
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2010
                              • 4540

                              Go the a range that rents various handguns. There's also the shooting fair at Raahauges in Corona (don't know where you're from) this summer that can help give you an idea
                              Originally posted by d4v0s
                              My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
                              R.I.P. Thomas C.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1