Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommendation for pistol case

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • baekacaek
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2014
    • 631

    Recommendation for pistol case

    I need some recommendations on a case to hold (and lock, for transportation purposes) a pistol, and perhaps enough room for few mags and ammo. I looked on Amazon for some Plano ones, but the ones in the $25 range looked a little cheap; the reviews said the plastic case was very flimsy and thin.

    Anyone know a decent case in the $50-$75 range? I'd like something that's a little bit more sturdy than the $25 Plano ones. Thanks!
  • #2
    Litespeeds
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2015
    • 3260

    Comment

    • #3
      zapatito92
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2016
      • 768

      with that budget you could get two or three quality cases. just check reviews and pick your poison

      Comment

      • #4
        Need More Ammo
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 538

        Put a "1" in front of your budget and get a Pelican. They're great but too expensive.

        Screw Plano and anything you can get at Big 5 and Walmart.

        Comment

        • #5
          P5Ret
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2010
          • 6395

          I got this one for Christmas.

          It's a solid case, kind of a poor mans Pelican case. It is however BIG, with 2 layers of foam. I've put 4 full sized auto loaders and a 6" L frame, and a Ruger Vaquero in mine, and still had room for mags.

          Comment

          • #6
            SonofWWIIDI
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Nov 2011
            • 21583

            Get an locking aluminum briefcase (large and thick), cut charcoal foam to size and fit for your guns (if desired), take it to the range.
            Sorry, not sorry.
            🎺

            Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

            Comment

            • #7
            • #8
              baba booey
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2012
              • 74



              I have one of these. Love it.


              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #9
                Ducman
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 2107

                Originally posted by fifteen
                SMFH
                sent from my iPhone 1911 using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • #10
                  SLO1911Fan
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 1483

                  I'm a big fan of this company. I saw their stuff at shot show and was impressed at how reasonable their prices were for cases with custom inserts.

                  If you need custom foam, you need MyCaseBuilder. Design your own custom foam case with our easy-to-use web application.
                  I'm a big old, bourbon-soaked cigar-huffing ***, as God in his infinite wisdom meant me to be. - Charlie Sheen.

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    baekacaek
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2014
                    • 631

                    thanks guys for all the recommendations. Seems like Pelicans are the Mercedes of cases. I'm really eyeing the Pelican 1170, but I fear that it's a tad small for my range use. It doesnt seem like I would have enough to carry spare mags + ~100 rds of ammo.

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      Quiet
                      retired Goon
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 30242

                      Originally posted by baekacaek
                      thanks guys for all the recommendations. Seems like Pelicans are the Mercedes of cases. I'm really eyeing the Pelican 1170, but I fear that it's a tad small for my range use. It doesnt seem like I would have enough to carry spare mags + ~100 rds of ammo.
                      Check out the Case Club 1 pistol case.
                      sigpic

                      "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        tnlrat37
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 2166

                        I have an 1170 and fit a G26 a G42 and spare mags. They are both small though. Full size pistols YMMV
                        "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          Oceanbob
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 12720

                          I use 3 or so Leatherette Briefcases from Staples. I think they ran about $35 bucks.

                          You don't want to transport in a GUN case or something that indicates you have a Gun inside. Be a Gray Man and transport in a business looking briefcase that you can carry without suspicion.

                          Plenty of room inside as well for extras.

                          Be well

                          Bob

                          May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                          Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                          Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            gc44
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2015
                            • 279

                            Americase

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1