Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

GLOCK G36 field day.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bad Caselaw
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 808

    GLOCK G36 field day.

    Went to the BLM today. Absolutely beautiful day in the field.

    Got there early morning. A handful of shooters were already there, but got a great spot.

    Along w/ some rifles and .22LR pistols that needed shooting, My carry pistol was the G36 .45 ACP.

    stowed at 4:00 in a SERPA OWB paddle holster, I carried it all day long... and forgot I even had it, until I bumped it on a metal chair or headed to the line for a shoot. Really comfortable.

    At the line, I worked on 5 and 10 yard snap-shooting, one-handed, from a hanging position, with and without a "move", and with and without sights.

    Billy da bad-guy took a beating.

    With center-mass. pelvis, and head-shots, the Pistol ran flawlessly through 100 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass .45 ACP 230 gr. TMJ.

    Couldn't ask for a nicer SD pistol.




    Caselaw
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies things."

    - Col. LB "Chesty" Puller USMC - Chosin Reservoir
  • #2
    ScottyBnNC
    Member
    • Jul 2014
    • 150

    Nice! got my 36 a month ago. Not been out yet due to work. Hopefully this weekend I will have the same experience.

    Comment

    • #3
      bongski
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2012
      • 537

      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        KrisDSA
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2014
        • 2850

        Does your mags drop free when empty ?
        WildLeaks.org -
        Former Professional Strangler and Shooting Champ

        Comment

        • #5
          Bad Caselaw
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 808

          Originally posted by KrisDSA
          Does your mags drop free when empty ?
          No, but that's OK because I tactical reload.


          Originally posted by HopetonBrown
          I've never heard of snap shooting or the hanging position before.
          Not much up on Shooting Technobabble (except for maybe tactical reload)

          Start with the pistol hanging at your side, or over your back pocket. It works on the presentation and shooting end of the problem. The drawing from concealed part was not possible, as I had left that IWB holster, along with the carry ammo, at home. That end can be practiced at home in front of a full-length mirror.




          Caselaw
          "We're surrounded. That simplifies things."

          - Col. LB "Chesty" Puller USMC - Chosin Reservoir

          Comment

          • #6
            Cokebottle
            Señor Member
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2009
            • 32373

            Originally posted by KrisDSA
            Does your mags drop free when empty ?
            I just verified my G26 and G36 both cleanly drop when empty with the slide open.
            With the slide closed, the spring pressure absolutely shoots the mag out.
            - Rich

            Originally posted by dantodd
            A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

            Comment

            • #7
              Bad Caselaw
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 808

              Originally posted by Cokebottle
              I just verified my G26 and G36 both cleanly drop when empty with the slide open.
              With the slide closed, the spring pressure absolutely shoots the mag out.
              The problem for me is, they drop free into my palm. I have to dig them out anyway. When I do, I've got a fresh mag forked and ready to go.

              A clean mag is a happy mag.




              Caselaw
              "We're surrounded. That simplifies things."

              - Col. LB "Chesty" Puller USMC - Chosin Reservoir

              Comment

              • #8
                static2126
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2013
                • 5619

                I think he means pistol in hand from those positions....or I hope so at least

                Comment

                • #9
                  static2126
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 5619

                  Agreed, I think he's just trying to mimic holster positions (random guess)

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    static2126
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 5619

                    Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                    But he's wearing a Derpa at 4 o'clock. That's why I'm confused.
                    Missed that...now I'm also confused...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Cokebottle
                      Señor Member
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 32373

                      Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                      But he's wearing a Derpa at 4 o'clock. That's why I'm confused.
                      Ranges, unless you've got a private pistol bay, do not allow draw from a holster, much less concealment.

                      "Drawing" from holding your strong hand at your side where the holster would be is one way to work at least some of the muscle memory without breaking the rules of the range (though muzzle down is a problem).
                      The safest way to practice at such a range is with the pistol flat on the bench, muzzle downrange... Draw-aim-fire.

                      On standing in front of a mirror practicing draw?
                      Meh... it's a bit mall-ninja, and I don't see a benefit to the draw, but it can help see what you're doing wrong when reholstering.
                      - Rich

                      Originally posted by dantodd
                      A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Cokebottle
                        Señor Member
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 32373

                        Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                        And OP said he's on BLM land.
                        Didn't catch the BLM part.
                        Ya, no excuse.

                        I look at my holster when reholstering. No mirror necessary.
                        Kinda hard to see back at 4:30 to 6:00... but that's a topic for a different thread.
                        I was most comfortable at 4:00 or so, but I'm starting to work it forward a bit, and at the moment I'm at about 2:30-3:00 ish. Very nice standing, I don't think an AR would print. It'll take a little getting used to seated.
                        - Rich

                        Originally posted by dantodd
                        A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          static2126
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2013
                          • 5619

                          Yup I refuse to shoot in BLM land...

                          That said looking at your holster when reholstering is good practice

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Bad Caselaw
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2013
                            • 808

                            Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                            Gun "hanging at your side or over your back pocket?" Practicing in front of a mirror? Please get some training. You're a danger to yourself and those around you.
                            And you are ignorant, and somewhat of an opinionated blow-hard.

                            JELLY BRYCE - THE FBI'S LEGENDARY SHARPSHOOTER


                            Originally posted by static2126
                            I think he means pistol in hand from those positions....or I hope so at least
                            Thank you.

                            Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                            I've never been instructed on those positions of ready, and I'm sure you haven't, either. I think Clint might be addressing what the OP refers to as the "hang ready" at 1:50.
                            Incredible...


                            Originally posted by static2126
                            Agreed, I think he's just trying to mimic holster positions (random guess)
                            That is correct.


                            Originally posted by Cokebottle
                            ..."Drawing" from holding your strong hand at your side where the holster would be is one way to work at least some of the muscle memory...
                            Especially if you don't have your IWB holster with you.

                            I also practice my CCW drawing with an empty chamber.


                            Originally posted by static2126
                            Missed that...now I'm also confused...
                            The SERPA is an OWB holster used for field work, as it also accepts the G23.

                            The G36 is primarily a CCW, in an IWB holster carried a little further back and tight in. That holster didn't make the trip.

                            And I do look at my holster when re-holstering.


                            Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                            ...Threads like these is why I stay the hell away from BLM land shooters.
                            Add pompous, and by all means, feel free to stay off the BLM ranges, especially mid-week.

                            A Big thank you.




                            Caselaw
                            Last edited by Bad Caselaw; 01-31-2016, 1:35 AM.
                            "We're surrounded. That simplifies things."

                            - Col. LB "Chesty" Puller USMC - Chosin Reservoir

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              RR.44
                              CGSSA Leader
                              • Mar 2012
                              • 1933

                              Wow, that went south quick
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1