Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Can 38cal shoot 38+p

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • casework
    Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 264

    Can 38cal shoot 38+p

    Can a revolver marked 38 cal. on barrel shoot 38+P?
  • #2
    Timberwolf
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2004
    • 6275

    Depends on the type of rev, when it was made etc.
    I'm only smiling at you while you talk to me because it's hilarious that you really think I give a crap about you.

    As I've gotten older I thought I was gaining patience, then I realized I simply don't give a crap.

    Comment

    • #3
      jazman
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2008
      • 2140

      The ones that can shoot +P usually state that on the gun. If not, you might want to check with the manufacturer so as not to take a chance.
      Originally posted by Kestryll
      You're boned.
      _________________________________

      If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly.

      Comment

      • #4
        casework
        Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 264

        It is a Taurus model 85 made in 2000.

        Comment

        • #5
          savasyn
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2007
          • 3201

          I'm 99% sure it's gtg on +P. I have one and I seem to remember it saying it on the box, but not on the gun. Mine is roughly the same age as well.

          Comment

          • #6
            casework
            Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 264

            Thanks

            Comment

            • #7
              rivviepop
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2007
              • 2528

              Originally posted by casework
              Thanks
              See if you can give them a call, it's worth the 5 minutes. Some 38s can fire +P even though they are not marked, it just depends on what happened at the company/factory when it was made. If it is *not* capable, you could end up blowing the cylinder apart due to the pressures (just depends how hot that +P is you shot out of it). Be safe, find somewhere that tells you with 100% surety that it can handle +P loads - don't gamble with safety.

              Comment

              • #8
                groovielou
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 555

                Give Taurus Customer Service a call:
                Phone: (305) 624-1115

                I have a Taurus 85 2008, and it is +P rated. By the way, awesome gun!

                Lou
                NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  jazman
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 2140

                  Originally posted by rivviepop
                  See if you can give them a call, it's worth the 5 minutes. Some 38s can fire +P even though they are not marked, it just depends on what happened at the company/factory when it was made. If it is *not* capable, you could end up blowing the cylinder apart due to the pressures (just depends how hot that +P is you shot out of it). Be safe, find somewhere that tells you with 100% surety that it can handle +P loads - don't gamble with safety.
                  I agree with rivviepop, why take a chance when it's easy to check to make sure?
                  Originally posted by Kestryll
                  You're boned.
                  _________________________________

                  If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bohoki
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 20826

                    if it is an aluminum or other light metal frame i wouldn't

                    steel has a near infinite(human lifespan) fatigue life
                    aluminum not so much and everything will look just perfect till the barrel goes down range attached to the front of the frame

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      goathead
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 3601

                      Originally posted by jazman
                      The ones that can shoot +P usually state that on the gun. If not, you might want to check with the manufacturer so as not to take a chance.
                      1++

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1