Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gen4 Glocks Completely Out now?!?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • koh86
    Member
    • Dec 2015
    • 104

    Gen4 Glocks Completely Out now?!?

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm new to this site and new to guns in general. I did some research and found that I can get a Gen4 glock through SSE up until 1/1/15. Before I stop my search and just settle with a Gen3, is there really no way to get a Gen4? Buy it from a private seller? Anything? Please help. Thanks!
  • #2
    laurelpark
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 1013

    If it's not on the roster now, the only way to get it is either PPT, or find one in a shop that's a LEO trade-in. I've actually seen quite a few of them hit the shops from LEO's that sold them.

    Comment

    • #3
      SkyHawk
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2012
      • 23531

      It can't just be a LEO trade in. It has to be sold ON CONSIGNMENT. A trade in is generally not handled as a consignment sale.

      Otherwise you have to buy from private party. Be prepared to pay a premium - there are plenty listed for sale in the marketplace here on Calguns.
      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

      Comment

      • #4
        koh86
        Member
        • Dec 2015
        • 104

        Originally posted by laurelpark
        If it's not on the roster now, the only way to get it is either PPT, or find one in a shop that's a LEO trade-in. I've actually seen quite a few of them hit the shops from LEO's that sold them.

        What are LEO trade-ins and how do they work? I googled LEO and got Leonardo Di Caprio.

        Sorry I'm a noob. Wish there was a glossary for these abbreviations you guys use LOL

        Comment

        • #5
          DArBad
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 3002

          If you really MUST HAVE a Gen 4, hunt around the Classifieds. You don't really have to wait long as I've seen several. Just be prepared for the.......astronomical asking price.

          Comment

          • #6
            koh86
            Member
            • Dec 2015
            • 104

            Originally posted by SkyHawk
            It can't just be a LEO trade in. It has to be sold ON CONSIGNMENT. A trade in is generally not handled as a consignment sale.

            Otherwise you have to buy from private party. Be prepared to pay a premium - there are plenty listed for sale in the marketplace here on Calguns.
            Thanks! I'll keep looking.

            Comment

            • #7
              hambam105
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2013
              • 7083

              I have Gen 3 Glocks and I don't feel deprived at all.

              Comment

              • #8
                Whiskey_Tango
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2014
                • 1588

                Law Enforcement Officer

                Comment

                • #9
                  laurelpark
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 1013

                  Originally posted by SkyHawk
                  It can't just be a LEO trade in. It has to be sold ON CONSIGNMENT. A trade in is generally not handled as a consignment sale.

                  Otherwise you have to buy from private party. Be prepared to pay a premium - there are plenty listed for sale in the marketplace here on Calguns.
                  I did not know that - thanks! I've seen a few in gun shops on the "LEO used" section, but I didn't make the mental connection that they were consignment guns (or were not for sale to non-LEOs). I'm not a Glock fan, so I never bothered to ask...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    michael0594
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2013
                    • 764

                    Originally posted by hambam105
                    I have Gen 3 Glocks and I don't feel deprived at all.
                    Most want gen 4 because it's "rare." Kinda funny because the finish durability on the gen 3 is actually better than gen 4.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Paul053
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2011
                      • 1061

                      Got a gen 3 and gen4. I thought the back straps of the gen 4 were gonna be some revelation in the way it felt. Nope. In stead of holding a square block now it feels like I'm holding a 2x4. Biggest thing that helped improve the feel of a glock was to get it stippled and the finger grooves remooved. Oh and add a grip force adaptor. I shoot my stippled gen 3 waaaaaaaay more than my gen4.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        teflondog
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 4011

                        I learned early in life that anything is obtainable as long as you have the cash and you're willing to pay. If I were rich, I would be buying many off-roster guns from the classifieds.
                        Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
                        Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Whiskey_Sauer
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 946

                          Originally posted by koh86
                          I did some research and found that I can get a Gen4 glock through SSE up until 1/1/15.
                          Are you a time traveler?

                          Just buy one from a private seller on the marketplace.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            NorCalGlock9
                            Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • 447

                            I have a gen 4 G19 for sale

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              DDM4556
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Jun 2014
                              • 2601

                              Originally posted by hambam105
                              I have Gen 3 Glocks and I don't feel deprived at all.
                              This.

                              Couldn't be less interested in a Gen 4. Sure they're rare-ish - unless of course you travel anywhere outside CA. Me, I'll stick with the proven reliability and durability of the gen 3s. They fit my hand fine and shoot great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

                              But to each his own.
                              iTrader: 52 transactions, 100% positive.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1