Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking for a Modern Presentation Hand Gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ripon83
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2011
    • 6686

    Looking for a Modern Presentation Hand Gun

    My father started a tradition of buying his sons a presentation quality firearm when we achieved what he thought was the pinnacle of their career or education. Mine was a Colt 1911 it's a beautiful blued pistol from the 70's and he hand made a display case that hides ammo and extra magazines. It's a real joy to have around and I've shot it some but not regularly.

    My eldest brother died when I was young, and his son completed law school this year and will take the Cal Bar Exam in Jan or Feb and I'd like to do something like this for him, but I just don't see really beautiful guns any more? Some of the Dan Wesson 1911's look good but I just want it to be really special and I'm probably limited to $1500 though.

    What's out there on roster I'm missing?
    Remember the Mighty Midgets



  • #2
    Walky Talky
    Member
    • Oct 2015
    • 448

    $1500?

    6 inch - Smith & Wesson 686 Performance Center Model

    It's the gun that The Rock was shooting helicopters down with in the newest Fast and Furious movie

    Comment

    • #3
      nikki#2
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 2164

      Browning Hi Power, also a John Browning masterpiece.



      S&W Model 41

      Comment

      • #4
        LowThudd
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 3608

        The Kimber Eclipse Custom II is a nice looking pistol, and at present, the only non-glock on the roster in 10mm. I would think that would be a nice one to present, as the contrasting Black and Stainless is very eye catching. They are also available in .45 if you would prefer. http://www.kimberamerica.com/eclipse...ii-lg-45-acp-a

        Last edited by LowThudd; 11-14-2015, 4:42 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          TheInternetGunner
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2014
          • 82

          Maybe a Beretta customized by Wilson Combat?

          Comment

          • #6
            4DSJW
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Dec 2009
            • 786

            What a wonderful thought and gift!

            It kind of depends on what your nephew is interested in. If revolvers, you should be able to find a close to mint, or mint, S&W in a number of calibers. For a semi-auto I would want more caliber and firearm type info to make a decision.

            Comment

            • #7
              TMB 1
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2012
              • 7153

              S&W Classic Revolver
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                BarrettM99
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2015
                • 2199

                For a true presentation grade firearm, $1500 is really way out of range. The recommendation I have is for you to purchase something decent (maybe engrave his name or event) and put it into a nice prefab wooden presentation case with a nice brass engraved tag. Otherwise be prepared to spend about double your estimate for a presentation grade firearm.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  ElvenSoul
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 17431

                  Be Different S&W Mod 329PD and put some tiger maple grips on it.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SkyHawk
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 23531

                    Ruger Match Champion, SW 929, Browning High Power, Springfield 1911 9mm Loaded, Cz 75 Tactical Sports
                    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      PocketPete
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2015
                      • 60

                      I don't know 😤 your father sounds like a badass...

                      *******************

                      I'm pretty sure the nephew would love the Colt, do you still need it?

                      ***I would just pass him the Colt***

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ElvenSoul
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 17431

                        Saw a PPK WWII in 9mm Kurtz (.380)

                        For sale on Gunbroker.com asking $1250
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          sixoclockhold
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 4040



                          It's just a wheel gun, it's just done by the fastest gun in the world, it's just a S&W, it's just .45 ACP

                          Did I say it's just Beautiful?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ethib
                            Member
                            • Feb 2011
                            • 260

                            Depends on who he is but don't limit yourself to new guns. Something historic could be cool. Or buy something for $1000 and put some customizing/engraving into it.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              liamettocs
                              Member
                              • Jun 2014
                              • 308

                              I like the idea of a classic S&W revolver. IIRC, the LAPD issued a commemorative pistol in the 1980s, complete with commemorative seal and box, in celebration (I think) of the 100th anniversary of the LAPD. It's a beautiful piece.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1