Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Optic for an AR pistol

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigPimping
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 21487

    Optic for an AR pistol

    I've recently acquired in AR pistol in 555. It's a flat top Anderson one. I would like to get an optic for it. A red dot Preferably. I am thinking of Primary Arms or Bushnell. I want to keep it around $200.00. Any ideas?
    sigpic

    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

    Don't let your history be a mystery
  • #2
    wireless
    Veteran Member
    • May 2010
    • 4346

    How long is the barrel?

    Comment

    • #3
      Mute
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 8596

      If the gun is just for fun, get the Primary Arms. They work well and are reasonably reliable.
      NRA Benefactor Life Member
      NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


      American Marksman Training Group
      Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

      Comment

      • #4
        Rusty_Shackleferd
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2014
        • 1107

        Vortex Sparc II. thank me later

        Comment

        • #5
          pablo7
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2007
          • 872

          Originally posted by Rusty_Shackleferd
          Vortex Sparc II. thank me later
          This.....^

          Comment

          • #6
            MiddleKingdom
            Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 442

            I need an red dot as well. Definitely thinking something light weight. I'm considering a Holosun in the $200 range. The Vortex Sparc II is in the running as well.
            "Now why doesn't somebody take out a .45 and BANG... settle it?" - Mr. Lee

            Comment

            • #7
              ruddogg
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 2581

              Bushnell TRS25 for like $60-$70... cheap/good red dot, I even put it on my SCAR 17s just to test, held 0 fine.

              Comment

              • #8
                MiddleKingdom
                Member
                • Oct 2011
                • 442

                Originally posted by ruddogg
                Bushnell TRS25 for like $60-$70... cheap/good red dot, I even put it on my SCAR 17s just to test, held 0 fine.
                I have a TRS-25 on a carbine that works great. I only wish that the obstruction in the 4-5 o'clock position was not so intrusive for 1/3 co-witness.
                "Now why doesn't somebody take out a .45 and BANG... settle it?" - Mr. Lee

                Comment

                • #9
                  Paperchasin
                  YOU are next!!
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 6407

                  Primary Arms Advanced Micro
                  Feedback: https://imgur.com/a/mkdPdnQ

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Oceanbob
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 12720

                    Holosun works....




                    May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                    Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                    Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      customiiguy
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 1666

                      Originally posted by Paperchasin
                      Primary Arms Advanced Micro
                      This

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        nealo
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 1700

                        Vortex Sparc II

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Click Boom
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 6955

                          Originally posted by BigPimping
                          I've recently acquired in AR pistol in 555. It's a flat top Anderson one. I would like to get an optic for it. A red dot Preferably. I am thinking of Primary Arms or Bushnell. I want to keep it around $200.00. Any ideas?
                          Why settle for a PA/etc red dot for 200 when you can get a used aimpoint on ebay for 220?

                          I like PA for their $70 dots. Those are good value, i have a couple that have some mileage and no problems. I just keep a couple spare batteries in the grip. The advanced model is just too close to cheap aimpoint price.

                          That said I have an ACOG on my ar pistol and it is perfect for me.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Litespeeds
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2015
                            • 3260

                            Could an optic used on an AR pistol be used on a competition race gun too? I was going to look into a CMore unless you guys can recommend something that is just as good but at a better price point.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Squidward
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 1779

                              Maybe this as a compromise?

                              Primary Arms 2.5X Compact AR15 Scope with the CQB ACSS Reticle.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1