Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best 2 weeks i have had in a while...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • spencerk
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 996

    Best 2 weeks i have had in a while...

    So this month I have gone nuts buying guns. I got a 12Ga Baikal mp18 to use as my beater hunting shotgun to go along with its chopped mp18 brother. Then I went nuts and bought a s&w 642, then got my 1911 back from the gunsmith as it was being cerajoted, and then my wife decided to get me an LCR in .22 mag...

    The last time I bought this many guns in succession I was going to armorers school...




    Now I just need to pick up the LCR.22 mag and this month of guns will be complete
    "COVERT SQUIRREL ASSASSIN"
  • #2
    Wordupmybrotha
    From anotha motha
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2013
    • 6965

    Originally posted by spencerk
    Now I just need to pick up the LCR.22 mag and this month of guns will be complete
    The month is young...

    Comment

    • #3
      spencerk
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2011
      • 996

      Originally posted by wordupmybrotha
      The month is young...
      My wallet is feeling a little too light to keep it going for another month.
      "COVERT SQUIRREL ASSASSIN"

      Comment

      • #4
        rambutan316
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2013
        • 705

        Nice selection op! Glad you were able to get a 642 without the lock on it!

        Comment

        • #5
          PachecoFTW
          • May 2010
          • 1422

          Congrats but don't just buy guns, shoot the heck out of them.

          I just got a couple new guns and we'll I've seen not much fun in owning so many guns if I don't shoot.

          Comment

          • #6
            bsg
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2009
            • 25954

            congrats! for my liking, it's great that you chose a 642 that has no internal lock.

            Comment

            • #7
              agent88
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2012
              • 1772

              I just dros'd a lcr 22mag also, hope I like it.

              I say we both need to get this next....



              [emoji41]

              Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #8
                spencerk
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2011
                • 996

                Not a fan of tube fed guns lol. Next up is a ruger American .22mag.

                The 642 is the only s&w I own anymore. I shot a 686 (that wasn't mine) that would lock up every so often when shooting full house .357 loads. Ever since I don't trust Smith's with the lock. When I saw this I knew I needed to have it
                "COVERT SQUIRREL ASSASSIN"

                Comment

                • #9
                  bsg
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 25954

                  Originally posted by spencerk
                  Not a fan of tube fed guns lol. Next up is a ruger American .22mag.

                  The 642 is the only s&w I own anymore. I shot a 686 (that wasn't mine) that would lock up every so often when shooting full house .357 loads. Ever since I don't trust Smith's with the lock. When I saw this I knew I needed to have it
                  the S&W 642 is a true pocket gun and buying one was a smart purchase.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    spencerk
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 996

                    Originally posted by bsg
                    the S&W 642 is a true pocket gun and buying one was a smart purchase.
                    I have always been weary about the airweights but after seeing one that looked like it had been dragged through a pile of hand files shoot like it was a new gun, it totally changed my mind. I have NEVER been a fan of semi autos as pocket guns just because of the amount of lint they can get clogged up with. Revolvers seem less prone to issues with that. But it is super comfy to carry owb.
                    "COVERT SQUIRREL ASSASSIN"

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Rhyme_merchant
                      Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • 248

                      Very nice op. Is that a gi model with upgrades? What sights are those on the 1911? I have been wanting a gi model again but the sights were my only gripe. Don't need much, maybe just 3 dots. Illuminated would be nice too

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        spencerk
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2011
                        • 996

                        Yes it's a GI model but I fitted and blended the beavertail myself. The sights are Trigicon GI style night sights.

                        I also realised the rear dovetail is at an angle... I must have not noticed that with the tiny little GI sights. I'm also a little disappointed that the gunsmith never even brought that to my attention before they finished putting on the sights... That is actually quite dissappointing...
                        "COVERT SQUIRREL ASSASSIN"

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1