Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kahr CW9 VS Shield 9

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RobertLJones11
    Member
    • Jan 2015
    • 425

    Kahr CW9 VS Shield 9

    CW9 & Shield 9 , Which would You Go With ?any Experience with Either ? sorry about first post , Didn't know are look to see if there was a thread about the roster!
    Last edited by RobertLJones11; 10-31-2015, 9:37 PM.
  • #2
    Broole
    Member
    • Jan 2015
    • 148

    If only there wasn't 98242571235712 similar threads about this "issue".

    Comment

    • #3
      EBR Works
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Dec 2007
      • 10492

      Every few weeks someone makes the same post due to misunderstanding. Renewals were all changed to occur in January for every manufacturer. The majority will renew. The majority are not falling off the roster.


      Check out our e-commerce site here:

      www.ebrworks.com

      Serving you from Prescott, AZ

      Comment

      • #4
        Garv the innocent
        RSG Minion, Senior
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Apr 2014
        • 9074

        Many more will be renewed, but if in doubt, buy now.
        IIRC, payment to renew to 1/1/2017 is due tomorrow.

        (Yes, CA only, others YMMV )
        Originally posted by Kestryll:
        It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....

        Comment

        • #5
          Chapped Hide
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 3901

          Originally posted by RobertLJones11
          Hello Fellow Calgunners , just wanted to inform you guys if you didn't know that a lot of Guns are going off roster this up coming January 2016 , KAHR CW9 , All The Sprindfields XD , Shield 9 , Plenty of other such as some of the small S&W J frames So check the roster and start BUYING. 2 months heads Up because the new year will be here in know time & all the guns we love will be off roster.
          G26
          Last edited by Chapped Hide; 10-31-2015, 9:56 PM.
          **** your feelings!

          Comment

          • #6
            Maht_g
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2014
            • 1748

            Cw9 any day, I've shot both and just don't like the feel of the shield in my hand. Both are great guns but I prefer the kahr line
            sigpic"That's more suspicious than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field!"

            Comment

            • #7
              railroader
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 3115

              Originally posted by HopetonBrown
              No good sight options for the Kahr, striker fired vs DAO I'll pick the Shield.
              I personally like kahr triggers but I haven't tried the shield. As for sights I have dawson night sights on my kahr cm9 but I also like the factory sights which are easy to pick up fast.

              Comment

              • #8
                Red9
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2014
                • 2900

                I have both. Imho you need to shoot both. They are not the same pistol, trigger is different, as the sights. i personally like the feel of the kahr but to be honest i shoot the shield better. ymmv.
                If your in the east bay, pm me and maybe we can get together so you can give both a side by side test for yourself.
                Never enough reloading stuff

                Comment

                • #9
                  riderr
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Sep 2013
                  • 6700

                  Originally posted by RobertLJones11
                  CW9 & Shield 9 , Which would You Go With ?
                  Try both. I personally not a big fan of a long Kahr trigger.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SIP2000GLO
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 1001

                    If you like DAO, you will get a very very long one from Kahr.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      swruger
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 951

                      Had a Kahr, traded it, the trigger and I didn't get along, and I just couldn't shoot it well.

                      Have a Shield in 9mm, much better trigger reset for my personal preference, and I find it highly accurate at 15 yard for a compact handgun.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        BoJackUSMC
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 7091

                        Prefer shield over Kahr...
                        Shield better trigger and more aftermarket accessories.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          duc71
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 688

                          The long trigger of CW9 is fine but the recoil is too much for me, got a shield and bought a second one LOL.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            BoJackUSMC
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 7091

                            I am not a big fan of kahr trigger pull as well.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              spegull03
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 741

                              I have both, my biggest issue is the Kahr mags. Very easy to have a misfeed since the bullets seat oddly. They pop out in mag holders too

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1