Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rented Sig P226

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TATER313
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 1481

    Rented Sig P226

    I went to Tracy Rifle and pistol, took out several different CZs, I also rented a sig p226 in 40,I really liked how it shot, at 20 yards had a nice group. I was really impressed with the recoil, the gun handled the 40 exceptional well. Things I hated about the gun, mostly because I will have to get use to them. First I confuse the decockers with the slide release. Also slide would not lock slide back after last round, it's my fault I'm sure I was hitting it with my thumb. Double action was smooth, and single action was even better with some slight uptake. The alloy frame is light almost reminds me of a polymer feel. I was going to buy one but now I'm losing off, it is to bad they don't have a manual safety model.
  • #2
    tankton
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2014
    • 511

    They do have SA models with safety, however, not on the CA roster.

    EDIT: it is also not possible to convert DA/SA to SAO with safety.

    Comment

    • #3
      AreWeFree
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 4558

      Get a CZ if you want a manual safety.

      Comment

      • #4
        hyperion.excal
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 1334

        My first gun was a P226 in 40sw. I never looked back.

        Comment

        • #5
          osis32
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2009
          • 5912

          I like the cz better but Sigs are nice. Especially if you get an older one.
          Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

          Comment

          • #6
            Domingo
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 1297

            stick with CZ, but if you want to try something different get a 1911

            Comment

            • #7
              Albs
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2014
              • 2158

              My first firearm, SP2022, the little bother of P226. One of the main reasons why I sold my SP2022 was because I kept riding my slide lock and prevented it from locking back on the last round. After adjusting how I held it, I just wasn't comfortable shooting it, so I ended up selling it. Don't get me wrong, I had 0 malfunctions with it, drop it in sand and it went bang every time. Super reliable firearm.
              "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
              - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

              Comment

              • #8
                BradleyAbrams
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2012
                • 3399

                Yes, by all means get a CZ..

                Leave the Sigs to those who appreciate the finer things in life...




                -
                The "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" was not created by the 2nd Amendment; it was merely an acknowledgement of an existing, un-Alienable Right

                UN-ALIENABLE - Defined by Webster as: incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred .


                Joseph Johnston - 4/14

                -

                Comment

                • #9
                  IVth Horseman
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 1583

                  In time you'll get used to holding the pistol firmly without riding the slide stop, I like Sigs alot but they do require a different grip than a Glock or 1911. Buy one... you wont regret it.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Just-in
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 2176

                    I don't regret buying my P226 9mm. Nothing against .40 I just don't shoot it in my personal guns.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      TATER313
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 1481

                      I already have lots of CZ,s, and love the ergonomics and set up, and they are great shooters. I am also looking at a couple CZs in 40 the P06, 75B,and SP01. I will look at the SA sig 226. Domingo I always here people have to rework their 1911s to function right, it is almost like buying a Dodge.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Bullitt01
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2013
                        • 3905

                        ...buying a Dodge, he he.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Domingo
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 1297

                          Tater could you post a picture of your target

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            TATER313
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 1481

                            I dont need a 2 day pistol class, but would like the dillon though. I have lots of factory HP 40 ammo, and only my CZ TS in 40 which I reload for. Yea Domingo I dont shoot at targets 5 feet away.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              mtenenhaus
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2007
                              • 3416

                              Give Bruce Gray a call (grayguns.com), he does amazing work with the platform. I really liked my 226 before Bruce worked on it....now i absolutely love it. The improvements in trigger, sights etc really transfored a really nice gun into a great gun.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1