Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock unsupported chamber

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Shenaniguns
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2006
    • 6158

    It is not the year 1999, Glock's chambers have been much tighter for years.
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

    Comment

    • #17
      ar15robert
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2002
      • 2525

      I load 45 and never had any problems with bulging i would think the proper sizing die would take care of this.

      Gonna be loading 10mm and shooting a glock 20 soon so i will see how this goes as of now i really aint worried.Will be loading the 10mm on a single stage press and i do my 45 on a dillion SDB.

      Comment

      • #18
        ERdept
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Apr 2009
        • 4698

        Bottom, line, you should have no issues with the stock barrel if you use sock ammo.

        Comment

        • #19
          TruEdge
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 1672

          Originally posted by ERdept
          Bottom, line, you should have no issues with the stock barrel if you use sock ammo.
          Can you link me to some sock ammo? If it's not going to bulge I would love to buy some.
          The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria)"

          Comment

          • #20
            trackcage
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2015
            • 1777

            Originally posted by ERdept
            Bottom, line, you should have no issues with the stock barrel if you use sock ammo.
            The conversation has evolved to a discussion of reloading potentially bulged brass, so how is this helpful?

            To those of you who reload for glocks, especially the 10mm, are you using an aftermarket barrel? They're not expensive... just curious if it is a necessity or a luxury

            Comment

            • #21
              bsim
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2008
              • 892

              It's not a bulge, it's a Glock emoji...
              NRA Life Member
              SAF Life Member
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                stormvet
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2010
                • 12681

                Not 10mm, but 9, 40 and 45. I reload plated and hard cast bullets, don't own any aftermarket barrels. All stock Glock.
                Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                Comment

                • #23
                  pacmule
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 537

                  almost nothing but reloads in my glock 10mm. have never bulged a case. I load 200gr XTP's a few grains over max with powerpistol, no problem. Experimented a little with 220gr xtremes, exceed 1000fps with powerpistol and longshot, can probably go more just haven't tried, no bulges.
                  All are fired in factory barrel, glock 29, 3.7" barrel.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Fenr1r
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 599

                    Originally posted by trackcage
                    The conversation has evolved to a discussion of reloading potentially bulged brass, so how is this helpful?

                    To those of you who reload for glocks, especially the 10mm, are you using an aftermarket barrel? They're not expensive... just curious if it is a necessity or a luxury
                    Luxury.

                    The stock barrel is fine, the biggest issue with bulged brass comes from older less supported chambers. Same thing with how people say the EAA Witness 10mm guns still crack, because there was a time in the past where it was the case.

                    I reload 10mm and shot some out of my stock gen 4 Glock 20. Of the ammo I shot it ranged from a medium load of 1150 fps with Armscor, a mid range full power load of 1250 fps with Sig Sauer, and my reloads at the top end of full power at around 1300 fps.

                    The Sig ammo and my reloads showed a tiny amount of buldging, but nothing like you see online and nothing a full case resize won't take care of.

                    Calguns is a great resource for general discussion and anything specifically California related but I would check out one of the many 10mm specific forums for their advice and similar in the past.

                    You'll find tons of resources including user submitted chronos of factory ammo showing how unfortunately much of what we buy in 10mm is really just a 40sw load.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Oceanbob
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 12720

                      Glock Chambers are generally .007 thousanths wider than other chambers.
                      Glocks are built for war and the ability to feed any crappy, dirty ammo you can find.

                      In 10MM I found that hot loads need full length resizing.

                      I usually run batches of 200 thru my Redding G-RX Carbide Base Sizing Die.

                      I know carbide is more expensive but I don't want to get into lube issues.




                      I have this adaptor that screws on an empty Soda Bottle to catch the brass, nice and neat. Mine is mounted on an old R Chucker and works well.


                      May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                      Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                      Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        stormvet
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 12681

                        Carbide are absolutely worth the extra cash, I have been using the same RCBS carbide dies for 45, 40, 9 and 38/357 for over twenty years, countless tens of thousands of rounds sized. They will last a life time and then some.
                        Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Carcassonne
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 4897

                          Originally posted by trackcage
                          The conversation has evolved to a discussion of reloading potentially bulged brass, so how is this helpful?

                          To those of you who reload for glocks, especially the 10mm, are you using an aftermarket barrel? They're not expensive... just curious if it is a necessity or a luxury

                          Not for my 9mm, 10mm, or 45ACP. I have a Lone Wolf barrel to shoot 45Super. I also have a 40S&W conversion barrel for my G20, but that is not because I reload: It is because Glock doesn't make a 40S&W barrel for their G20.


                          .
                          Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

                          In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

                          I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Carcassonne
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 4897

                            Originally posted by stormvet
                            Carbide are absolutely worth the extra cash, I have been using the same RCBS carbide dies for 45, 40, 9 and 38/357 for over twenty years, countless tens of thousands of rounds sized. They will last a life time and then some.
                            Do they even make steel dies anymore? I know they make them for oddball calibers, but the standard caliber dies should all be Carbide.

                            .
                            Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

                            In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

                            I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              diveRN
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 1743

                              +1 for the Lee crimping die removing the "bulge." I find glocked brass all the time and after running it through the last Lee die, no issues with the sizer or in chambering in any of my .40s.

                              IMO, if you have the crimping die, the bulge buster is a waste of money.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                trackcage
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2015
                                • 1777

                                Originally posted by Carcassonne
                                Do they even make steel dies anymore? I know they make them for oddball calibers, but the standard caliber dies should all be Carbide.

                                .
                                For rifle dies, dillon gives you the option of steel or carbide. Carbide is more expensive. For their pistol dies, carbide is the only choice... in most cases

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1