Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Handgun lost in transit

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gil671
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 753

    Handgun lost in transit

    A buddy of mine sent me a Beretta Cheetah from Guam. Its from FFL to FFL. Everything was going smooth tracking was till it reached California on the 2nd. Now there is no update at all. I managed to speak to someone at the last location and it appears that no scanning was done after.
    It was last scanned when it arrived at their location. The person I spoke to said he doesn't understand why it was sent to their location as well. Anyone here have any experience with a situation like this? Any advice? I spoke to customer service and they will investigate after 48hrs of reporting this. It was sent via USPS.
    My feedback https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/itrader.php?u=83493
  • #2
    19K
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 3621

    Originally posted by gil671
    A buddy of mine sent me a Beretta Cheetah from Guam. Its from FFL to FFL. Everything was going smooth tracking was till it reached California on the 2nd. Now there is no update at all. I managed to speak to someone at the last location and it appears that no scanning was done after.
    It was last scanned when it arrived at their location. The person I spoke to said he doesn't understand why it was sent to their location as well. Anyone here have any experience with a situation like this? Any advice? I spoke to customer service and they will investigate after 48hrs of reporting this. It was sent via USPS.
    Never seen it with guns but I've had stuff scanned like 10 states away and then all of a sudden it arrived at my house.

    Usps is slow at updating sometimes too

    Comment

    • #3
      GlockN'Roll
      Veteran Member
      • May 2015
      • 3783

      Originally posted by gil671
      A buddy of mine sent me a Beretta Cheetah from Guam. Its from FFL to FFL. Everything was going smooth tracking was till it reached California on the 2nd. Now there is no update at all. I managed to speak to someone at the last location and it appears that no scanning was done after.
      It was last scanned when it arrived at their location. The person I spoke to said he doesn't understand why it was sent to their location as well. Anyone here have any experience with a situation like this? Any advice? I spoke to customer service and they will investigate after 48hrs of reporting this. It was sent via USPS.
      USPS has "lost" two of my smart phones on two separate occasions.

      One was never found and the other mysteriously reappeared in service with Verizon.

      I never ship anything with USPS if I can avoid it.

      Best of luck with missing Beretta ...
      Real Californian...

      Comment

      • #4
        gil671
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 753

        This is my 3rd weapon shipped from Guam and I never had a problem till now. I hope they investigate this thoroughly
        My feedback https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/itrader.php?u=83493

        Comment

        • #5
          supertrooper
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 624

          There is a ups guy somewhere with a new gun. Kinda like tsa "losing" you ipad
          A SWAT Monkey is a powerful psychological tool. Imagine you are a criminal hiding in a closet and you hear "Release the monkey!" You would shudder.

          Comment

          • #6
            Big Data
            Member
            CGN Contributor
            • Aug 2015
            • 243

            I had a pistol disappear being shipped between my FFL and Seecamp. When it became way overdue I had the FFL trace the shipment, but it was never found. Seecamp replaced it no problem. Somebody out there stole a .25 Seecamp that won't fire.
            Last edited by Big Data; 10-08-2015, 12:48 PM.
            =NRA Life Member=

            Comment

            • #7
              giv1tatry
              Senior Member
              • May 2008
              • 716

              I know its guam, but isnt this why we ship pistols overnight, paying huge insurance? Just to keep honest people honest?
              My avatar is from 2007, i am now the proud owner of a set of visible abs.

              Comment

              • #8
                PachecoFTW
                • May 2010
                • 1422

                Dsmn ducks I know,
                I bought my first firearm on calguns a ar15 actually and my dmbazz ffl got it in a rem 870 box so they logged it as so didn't even bother to open it so it was "lost" for a week.

                Comment

                • #9
                  PseudoTsuga
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2013
                  • 803

                  English translation please?
                  "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy."
                  -F. Scott Fitzgerald

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    hyperion.excal
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 1334

                    Its a ghost gun now

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Sapperforward
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 2928

                      Originally posted by PachecoFTW
                      Dsmn ducks I know,
                      I bought my first firearm on calguns a ar15 actually and my dmbazz ffl got it in a rem 870 box so they logged it as so didn't even bother to open it so it was "lost" for a week.

                      Had to read that 3 times.

                      Sentence structure is your friend.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        M1NM
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 7966

                        Originally posted by Big Data
                        Somebody out that stole a .25 Seecamp that won't fire.
                        So they got one that acted like all the rest.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          PachecoFTW
                          • May 2010
                          • 1422

                          Originally posted by Sapperforward
                          Had to read that 3 times.

                          Sentence structure is your friend.

                          Not when auto correct cocks up almost everything I type.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            mrvash
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 2309

                            USPS once lost my rifle sling. The delivery man must have dropped it the next street over while delivering mail. Luckily someone from that street found it and was kind enough to hand-deliver it to me.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Big Data
                              Member
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Aug 2015
                              • 243

                              Originally posted by Big Data
                              Somebody out there stole a .25 Seecamp that won't fire.
                              Originally posted by M1NM
                              So they got one that acted like all the rest.
                              Yeah, pretty much. I was never impressed by Seecamp. However, about a year after I got the Seecamp .25acp, Seecamp offers me the same pistol in .32acp with matching serial number. So I could have had both serialized the same, but I didn't bite. Looking now at the value of that set, I made a big mistake in not doing it.
                              Last edited by Big Data; 10-08-2015, 12:48 PM.
                              =NRA Life Member=

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1