Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How much ammo do you need?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dsltech
    Member
    • Mar 2015
    • 160

    How much ammo do you need?

    After seeing another post on magazine collections, the first thought that came to my head was how much ammo does one need? What is the minimum stock level that people keep? I have 1k each of .223, .38, .357, .40, .45 and 2k of 9mm. I reload my own ammo so I also have materials for another 3k of .223 and at least 8k for pistol. This is all for an ar15, 2 s&w .357, g19, cz ts (9&.40 barrels) and a cz97. To me this is a perfectly fine "stock level" of finished rounds and materials. I know if I only had store bought factory ammo I would never be close to the amounts I have now. What do you have?
  • #2
    BoJackUSMC
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2010
    • 7091

    Never enough in Calguns....

    Comment

    • #3
      BoJackUSMC
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2010
      • 7091

      I honestly think 1K is enough each caliber (not shooting ammo, but safe keeping ammo wise). You can only carry so much in real life.

      Comment

      • #4
        xOperator
        Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 242

        You can never have enough... Haha seriously, I used to keep 4k of each caliber, but I'm a hoarder now, when ever I see a good sale going I buy more in bulk

        ( I only have about 1k for things like 30/30, .30-06)


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        ☣
        // ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ //

        Comment

        • #5
          LeadFarmer74
          Veteran Member
          • May 2015
          • 3105

          I like having 1k for each gun I have. I also reload. It's nice having a lot of ammo but how are you going to carry it?
          NRA Lifer
          Originally posted by Click Boom
          I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!

          Comment

          • #6
            Capybara
            CGSSA Coordinator
            CGN Contributor
            • Feb 2012
            • 15653

            Old, rare and obscure C&R calibers like .303 British, 7.5mm Swiss, 8mm Mauser - 200-500 rounds to shoot, plus brass and components for 1k

            Expensive calibers like 7.62x39 (ever buy this brass? Hard to find and not cheap) and .30-.30, 200 rounds plus I have about 500 rounds of brass 7.62x39 and a few thousand rounds of steel case (Golden Tiger)

            Standardized calibers like .223, 9mm, .45 ACP - 5k rounds, plus 5k-10k components

            Semi-obscure calibers like 9x18 Mak (I have three pistols that shoot it) 1k plus components for another 1-2k

            .22 LR - 50k rounds and that is not a lot, I know two people who each have a quarter million to a million rounds in stock. To me, that's a lot.

            Shotgun - Depends on how much I am shooting, but lately, target loads for clays shooting of various favors, 1k to 2k, 00 buck for my AOW, 250 rounds.
            NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              BoJackUSMC
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2010
              • 7091

              Enough to fight against zombies...

              Comment

              • #8
                Ronin2
                Banned
                • Jan 2011
                • 5563

                I need ALL OF IT!

                Comment

                • #9
                  static2126
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 5619

                  As much as possible

                  Agreed on 1k for real life use but need to hoard if you shoot a lot. I shoot less than before and I shoot around 1k rounds a month

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    E92335i
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 2937

                    never enough. hoard away

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      LBDamned
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 19040

                      I need more than I "need"...

                      I have more than I "need"... but I will always need more.
                      "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        1859sharps
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • 2261

                        Originally posted by BoJackUSMC
                        Never enough in Calguns....
                        in the abstract you are right.... in reality you can end up with too much IF you were ever needing relocate quick, you may not have the ability to move large amounts of ammunition.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          jhmc2000
                          Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 358

                          More than some........Less than others.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jdben92883
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 3635

                            Much more than some......Much less than others.
                            NRA Benefactor Member

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Fate
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 9545

                              Are you asking me or my wife?
                              sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

                              "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
                              , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1