Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Springfield XD accuracy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CylonGlitch
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2014
    • 83

    Springfield XD accuracy

    After renting a Springfield XD several times, my wife purchased one. But after having it for a year now and shooting it a half dozen times, the accuracy is horrible. I mean it is all over the place.

    I have cleaned it, oiled it, and stripped it after every use. It has never really been as accurate as the ones I rented. My wife is disappointed.

    Should I send it back to them? Is there something I could do to improve the accuracy before sending it back? If I have to send it back, do I need to go through a FFL?

    Thanks!
    For Sale : 80% Arms Easy Jig Gen 1
  • #2
    Carsgunsandchics
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 3537

    What ammo have you been using? And have you had anyone else try it for accuracy?
    Originally posted by fighterpilot562
    I am more of a sucker than a blower...

    Comment

    • #3
      boltstop
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2007
      • 927

      I have an XD45 and no problems with accuracy.

      Just call SA.

      But before that let someone else try it for accuracy.

      Comment

      • #4
        ExtremeX
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2010
        • 7160

        Where are you located? I'll put my money on its not the gun...

        I'll shoot it for you.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        ExtremeX

        Comment

        • #5
          gunprofit
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2009
          • 557

          Not only would I ask what kind of ammo, I would ask what caliber. If it is a 40 caliber and you have been shooting Winchester "Q" Loads (White Box), ammo, your 50 foot groups are going to be 3 1/2" or more. The 9mm is almost as bad. Also, what do you consider horrible accuracy? For me, I certainly would not expect much as the Springfield XD. With top notch reloads tailored to your gun, 25 yard groups would be around 2 to 2 1/2" in the 40 caliber and a little better with the 9mm.

          The XD, the Glocks, and all those type of guns are geared to be reliable and produce combat accuracy. Definitely are not target guns.

          Comment

          • #6
            gunprofit
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 557

            Not only would I ask what kind of ammo, I would ask what caliber. If it is a 40 caliber and you have been shooting Winchester "Q" Loads (White Box), ammo, your 50 foot groups are going to be 3 1/2" or more. The 9mm is almost as bad. Also, what do you consider horrible accuracy? For me, I certainly would not expect much as the Springfield XD. With top notch reloads tailored to your gun, 25 yard groups would be around 2 to 2 1/2" in the 40 caliber and a little better with the 9mm.

            The XD, the Glocks, and all those type of guns are geared to be reliable and produce combat accuracy. Definitely are not target guns.

            Comment

            • #7
              NorCalRT
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2013
              • 1327

              How much cleaning and oiling are you doing? They don't need much and it's easy to over do it. Try not cleaning it a for a few range trips and see if it gets better, also have other people shoot it and see how they do. Past that, nothing wrong with sending it in, no ffl needed. If you do go that route, don't be shocked if it comes back and still isn't perfect, just the nature of it. Sell it as a project gun for someone who likes tinkering and move on.

              Comment

              • #8
                jeffafa
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2013
                • 1068

                What distance are you shooting from? What do you consider "all over the place"? I have a XD9 service (it belongs to my wife now but that's a whole different story) and the gun is plenty accurate. It has a mushier trigger than any of my other guns, but understanding that, getting to the wall and then using proper trigger technique seems to get the job done.

                Comment

                • #9
                  sammy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3847

                  Originally posted by ExtremeX
                  Where are you located? I'll put my money on its not the gun...

                  I'll shoot it for you.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Yep, I agree.

                  If you are in the East Bay PM me. I can help.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    thiennuci
                    Junior Member
                    • Feb 2014
                    • 29

                    My XD 9 and 45 are plenty accurate. I would say let someone else try to shoot it. If it is still way off then send it back and I'm sure Springfield will make it right.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      noozeyeguy
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2014
                      • 591

                      My XD45 is accurate enough that I'm comfortable going with it as my go-to HD weapon. My range time with it is mostly Freedom reloads, and the holes are pretty much where I want them.

                      That said, a great shot I ain't.
                      "Better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        SonofWWIIDI
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Nov 2011
                        • 21583

                        +1 on letting someone else shoot it before sending it back to Springfield.

                        Also, regardless of the outcome, install a powder river trigger kit (drop-in is just fine). It is a much better trigger than the stock one. JMHO
                        Sorry, not sorry.
                        🎺

                        Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Mr.Caketown
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 7362

                          Well OP if you let me shoot it ill re affirm your decision that its the gun and not you


                          btw per his other posts he is located in OC

                          I live in South OC (RSM area). Will ship.
                          WTB:
                          1)AR15 Aero Precision Skeletonized Lower
                          2)S&W 686 6in barrel ...686 No dash through 686-4
                          3) Saltworks M5 upper/lower set

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Zartan
                            In Memoriam
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 6269

                            Pic of target and grip on gun?
                            "If he won't walk, walk him...be nice"
                            -Dalton



                            WTS: 870 Barrel Clamp/Railed Mount

                            http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...af415fafe8.jpg

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Melo4x4
                              Junior Member
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 15

                              My XD40 is pretty accurate. When my shots are all over the place it is me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1