Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question about SP-01 to SAO conversion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EMR
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 1023

    Question about SP-01 to SAO conversion

    Today I installed a CGW race hammer, flat trigger and a wide sear (for the FPB deletion). If you read the note at the bottom of their hammer page it says:
    * NOTE: When going to any hi-performance hammer (CZC or CGW) the manual safety will work differently: 1) Hammer down, manual safety can be applied "up". 2) Hammer at half-cock, manual safety can be applied "up". 3) Hammer a full cock in SA, manual safety can be applied "up", but hammer will not fall with trigger pull. Manual safety should only be applied in condition "3". If this is not to your satisfaction, then we do not recommend the CGW hammer/kit for your application.
    I was fine with this. But after installing all the parts and function checking, I've found that if the safety is on, I can pull the trigger in half-cock and the hammer will still fall. The note further says that the safety should only be applied in full cock. So really, I shouldn't have tested this but I've written a email to Dave over at CGW, just to be sure. But in the mean time, can any of you guys confirm that this is normal/abnormal?
Working...
UA-8071174-1