Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I never understood the 1911....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • OC_Gunner
    Member
    • May 2012
    • 472

    I never understood the 1911....

    But I've since determined I need one.

    I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Springfield Loaded, possibly the MC Operator.

    The Kimber TLE RL II looks tempting as well but I keep hearing negative reviews of Kimber reliability and subsequent customer service.

    I'd love to hear opinions from my fellow Calgunners?!?!
  • #2
    nikki#2
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 2164

    What caliber... .45 ACP?

    Comment

    • #3
      BoJackUSMC
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2010
      • 7091

      Loaded, operator, or kimber TLE..
      I would go with the operator.

      Comment

      • #4
        Ant45
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2010
        • 970

        If the Kimber you're looking at is tempting and makes you happy buy it, the internet has a habit of perpetuating things way beyond what is actual.

        Every gun manufacturer has had at one point or another in it's existence an issue or bad batch of something or another. They're man made mechanical parts, NONE are perfect (expect the uber awesome BHP but that's another lecture)

        Plenty of people who don't frequent internet forums are blissfully unaware that their guns suck.

        Either one you mentioned will be fine choices, go with what feels best in your hand and gives you the biggest boner.

        Comment

        • #5
          Whatthepho?
          Member
          • Jun 2010
          • 325

          Mc operator!
          I have one. Worth every dollar

          Comment

          • #6
            HKMadness
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2011
            • 5262

            Springfield loadeds have been pretty darn sweet
            Show your friends your 1911's and your enemies your glocks!

            Say no to posers & wannabes.

            Comment

            • #7
              bsg
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2009
              • 25954

              Originally posted by Ant45
              Plenty of people who don't frequent internet forums are blissfully unaware that their guns suck.
              now that's the truth.

              Comment

              • #8
                SonofWWIIDI
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Nov 2011
                • 21583

                kimbers are just fine. As well as Springfields. But it's hard to beat Springfield's customer service!
                Sorry, not sorry.
                🎺

                Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                Comment

                • #9
                  Oceanbob
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 12720

                  You won't need any customer service with a Ruger SR1911.

                  Check out Hickok45s review

                  Patterned after the Series 70. Well worth the low price.
                  May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                  Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                  Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bounty1
                    Banned
                    • May 2014
                    • 496

                    Originally posted by OC_Gunner
                    But I've since determined I need one.

                    I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Springfield Loaded, possibly the MC Operator.

                    The Kimber TLE RL II looks tempting as well but I keep hearing negative reviews of Kimber reliability and subsequent customer service.

                    I'd love to hear opinions from my fellow Calgunners?!?!
                    Well you got the fever. Its like going through puberty and you're at the beach looking at all the goodies wanting one but they all look so good and you keep tossing them around in your mind in different positions which one you want but they all look so good and you keep tossing them around in your mind which one you want and at night you can't sleep and you're just going to bust if you don't get your hand on those sweet grips and push that shinny mag in hard and rub that slide back and hear that sweet music that's she's ready for you.Ya! You got the fever..
                    Last edited by bounty1; 07-26-2015, 7:45 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      nothingextra
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2012
                      • 838

                      There's a couple used TLE/RL's on gbroker right now under $750.
                      I think about buying, but honestly I'll stick to $500 short extractor Sigs.
                      I can always borrow a 1911 if I want to vary my range time.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        jgstorm
                        Member
                        • Sep 2013
                        • 470

                        Springfield is a great gun and they might have great customer service but all that means is that you have had to contact them. I have both but I also have many different Kimbers. I couldn't be happier with them. And I have no idea what their customer service is like.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          BoJackUSMC
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 7091

                          Yes, hard to beat the Ruger 1911 price.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Blademan21
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 1941

                            Originally posted by Oceanbob
                            You won't need any customer service with a Ruger SR1911.

                            Check out Hickok45s review

                            Patterned after the Series 70. Well worth the low price.
                            Totally agree with you. Took my Ruger 1911Commander size with the black finish to the range last week.Nice trigger,and ate what ever I put in it. Like my
                            loaded as well. But there is something about the Commander that gave me
                            woodie 😎

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              benjamac
                              Member
                              • Aug 2013
                              • 377

                              Originally posted by bounty1
                              Well you got the fever. Its like going through puberty and you're at the beach looking at all the goodies wanting one but they all look so good and you keep tossing them around in your mind in different positions which one you want but they all look so good and you keep tossing them around in your mind which one you want and at night you can't sleep and you're just going to bust if you don't get your hand on those sweet grips and push that shinny mag in hard and rub that slide back and hear that sweet music that's she's ready for you.Ya! You got the fever..
                              bro- guns is guns, sex is sex... it's weird and creepy that you confuse them.

                              I get it- simile; but still.
                              Don't be $h!tty.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1