Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.45 LC Redhawk

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    SansSouci
    Banned
    • Dec 2013
    • 412

    negolien,

    Thanks for the recommendation. I just took a look at the Alaskan. It's an impressive gun. But I want a 4" barrel.

    I would infrequently use it in bear country. However, I might shoot the heck out of it at a very close indoor range using .45 ACP rounds. And I wouldn't have to mark my brass & chase it all over the range.

    Comment

    • #17
      xXRifleManXx
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 1194

      I have a three screw ruger in .45 colt. I love the thing and it's built like a ****ing tank and it weighs as much. You can throw Some heavy doses of lead with the ruger. I spent the money to have a second cylinder for .45 acp cut and timed for the gun. And if I could only keep one single action it would be the one.
      WTB m&p 9 5?

      Comment

      • #18
        Griffdog
        Member
        • Jan 2015
        • 374

        I have a Redhawk 4" in 45LC that I bought new shortly after they came out. It carries well in a cross draw holster or shoulder rig. It's built like a tank so can handle the heavy Buffalo Bore ammo but mostly fed the 250gr cowboy loads. It would be my first choice as a backup gun for a trip to the wilds of Alaska of all my pistols.

        Comment

        • #19
          BluNorthern
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Mar 2010
          • 10236

          Now you got me wanting one.

          Originally posted by SansSouci
          Hi BluNorthern,

          I've gotten great info off of Real Guns. I've used his rifle loads with great results.

          Check out this Website: http://handloads.com/loaddata/defaul...Powder&Source=

          A 340 grain hard cast bullet at 1200 FPS & nothin' livin' will remain in that condition after taking one of those bullets.

          Were I to find a 4" Redhawk in .45 LC, I'd go with better than 90% of my shooting with light .45 ACP loads. A 340 grain bullet at 1200 FPS would recoil like a beast. But it would be good to load about 50 beast recoiling loads for deep back country use anywhere.
          "I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

          Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

          Comment

          • #20
            GW
            I need a LIFE!!
            • May 2004
            • 16078

            Redhawks are stout no doubt. They can handle any legitimate .45 load you can throw at it.
            sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

            Comment

            • #21
              scotchblade
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2012
              • 795

              My .44. A heavy duty revolver, no doubt about it.
              Attached Files

              Comment

              • #22
                SansSouci
                Banned
                • Dec 2013
                • 412

                BluNorthern,

                It is a great gun. .45 LC is an extremely powerful cartridge. The gun's versatility is amazing. I can target shoot with .45 ACP, load it with .45 LC for self-defense, and load it for anything in North America. As great a gun as it is, one would think that Ruger would get busy putting them in vendor's display cases.

                The problem is finding one. Not even Turners has one. Either they have yet to be distributed or they're grabbed up the second they arrive at vendors.

                If you find one, let me know.

                Comment

                • #23
                  SansSouci
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2013
                  • 412

                  Gunbroker has one for $799. But I'd like to physically see a gun before I buy it. I've bought only one gun online, from Cabelas, and that was after great photos of it & talking with two sales people, many times, one of whom was a manager. She said that the rifle belonged to a collector and it appeared unfired. When I got it I took it to Bolsa Gunsmithing, a Sako dealer. The smith told me that the gun was unfired.

                  I guess I can wait until Turners receives a shipment of them.

                  The more I think about a 4" Redhawk in .45 LC, the more I want one. I'm sure that I'd send many thousand .45 ACP target loads down its barrel. And light .45 ACP target loads out of a 4" Redhawk ought to generate next to no recoil.

                  I have fired a scorching .454 Casull exactly 3 times out of 7.5" Freedom Arms revolver. I know my recoil limitations & the .454 Casull was far beyond it. Hence, I can't see loading many max load .45 LC rounds. In fact, I probably won't load any .45 LC max loads.

                  This is America, darn it. I want it & I want it now!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Snapping Twig
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 2106

                    Just to toss this out...

                    I saw one of these and was impressed.



                    It's a 44, but it is SO nice and perfect for your stated needs.

                    If you reload, the 45 can be superior, but this is close and the design is too good for me to not tell you about it.
                    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      NaClAddict
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2009
                      • 1197

                      The versatility and ballistics of 45 LC are highly under rated. Excellent gun. Does anything a .44 can do.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        SansSouci
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2013
                        • 412

                        Hi Snapping Twig,

                        Thanks so much. That is a good looking gun.

                        One of the reasons I want a Redhawk .45 LC is because I can shoot .45 ACP rounds in it & I have thousands of target .45 ACP rounds. I'm getting awfully tired of picking up brass.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          audiopro74
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 1779

                          My Blackhawk has the same reloading specs as the red hawk. The last page of my speed manual is for those two, and Thompson contender. I run 11gr of unique behind a 240 jhc. Just a little hotter than a 44mag, with a little more weight. It's a friggen cannon, so hang on tight.
                          Why is everything good???? Illegal, Immoral, fattening???

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1