Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Pocket handguns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    customiiguy
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 1666

    So jealous of u guys that can carry

    Comment

    • #32
      dwalker
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2014
      • 2714

      Originally posted by cannon
      C'mon fellas. A pocket gun is small. The largest "pocket gun" that actually disappears into a pocket is the Seecamp. I prefer a baby Browning. Fits in any pocket without a trace. AMT Backup DAO is another good one with the non pinkie clip.

      Pocket guns are designed to empty into somebody a few feet away. Not for gun fights.
      Had both of these, kept the AMT. It fits in the pocket, and its heavy enough to be useful if I have to go less lethal..

      I also have a Kel-Tec PF-9, it will disappear into a pocket fairly easy and I can actually shoot it.

      I had a S&W Bodygaurd, Kel-tec .380, and a couple other small guns. Sold them all off except for the AMT and Kel Tec.
      Fear is the spare change that will keep you broke

      Call him run-like-hell-when-shtf-guy or dial-911-guy but NEVER call an unarmed man "Security".

      Comment

      • #33
        Mopar Guy
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2014
        • 615

        G26 in front pocket on cargo shorts. Use Galico holster for support and additional mag. It isn't lightweight and a little bulky. Conceals fine and works for summer. Yet, my next purchase will be a smaller compact (single stack) and may look at the "pocket guns".

        Comment

        • #34
          Eric B
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2012
          • 651

          Never leave the house without the lil' SW 642 J-Frame.


          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #35
            Eric B
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 651

            Originally posted by dpop24
            I just can't get my J Frame to work for me in a pocket. Huge bulge from the cylinder and in most pockets the grip peeks out the top of the pocket, and this is with the tiny stock rubber grip. How are you guys able to make your J Frames work in jeans pockets?

            That's what my wardrobe is mainly cargo shorts. Wife says "We're going out" and before I can ask, she says "Yes, cargo shorts are fine."


            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • #36
              nbirnbaum2
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2011
              • 791

              I know people are gonna hate but.... P64 Radom with wolff springs.

              Comment

              • #37
                71MUSTY
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2014
                • 7029

                I only have one issue with pocket guns. Before I go on I will say that I have a G42 on my permit and carry only it in the summer when for example I am going to the beach or in a situation where it is not practical to carry something larger.

                However here is the concern. How many of you have gotten lazy and carry your pocket gun all the time instead of something larger. I'm not talking about carrying your pocket gun as a BUG. I do that too.

                But my preferred EDC is a M&P40c. So that is 10+1 rounds of 40 cal plus additional mags vs 8 rds of 380 = additional mags.

                There is a time and place for the pocket gun but generally you will want something more.
                Only slaves don't need guns

                Originally posted by epilepticninja
                Americans vs. Democrats
                We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


                We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


                What doesn't kill me, better run

                Comment

                • #38
                  Khromo
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 742

                  Originally posted by dpop24
                  I just can't get my J Frame to work for me in a pocket. Huge bulge from the cylinder and in most pockets the grip peeks out the top of the pocket, and this is with the tiny stock rubber grip. How are you guys able to make your J Frames work in jeans pockets?
                  A good pocket holster smooths over the features of the gun and blends it in pretty well. The DeSantis Nemesis works great for cheap.
                  "Self defense is not a fashion show. A defensive handgun is not a little black dress, or a purse."
                  Remember, the overwhelming majority of anti-gun thinkers are not stupid enough to be "afraid of guns." They are afraid of stupid/immature/crazy psycho people with guns.
                  And as always, being friendly, courteous, and respectful is the easiest way to bend people to your will.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    BoJackUSMC
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 7091

                    I carry glock 42 for me...

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      tacticalcity
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 10929

                      I'm not all that crazy about actually carrying it in my pocket, but I do enjoy the fact that they can be concealed so easily.

                      Thinking about a Sig P238. Not a gun I would ever carry in my pocket. Much rather carry it cocked and locked in a holster. Very thin, works like a 1911, little to no printing.

                      For the money the Bersas are really nice. Not a huge fan of the trigger, but it makes it much more acceptable for pocket carry should you chose to do so. The sights are also not the easiest to use. But it is affordable, reliable, and looks like a Walther PPK...Bond's gun of choice.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        dpop24
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 1117

                        Originally posted by ifilef
                        Uncle Mike's #4 pocket holster or a DeSantis Nemesis or the Mika pocket holster worked fine for me in the pockets of various Levi jeans, in particular 527 Low Boot Cut.
                        I use a Remora and it doesn't work for me. Far too bulky. I've considered going with a kydex holster to cut down on the bulkiness. I picked up a Kahr P380 to try first.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          cooker143
                          Junior Member
                          • Aug 2014
                          • 64

                          My third gun listed on the application is Ruger LC9. After a lot of practice I've gotten used to the long trigger pull. I am getting a Shied 9 & 40 out of jail tomorrow, so might switch depending on range results. My only concern would be printing with outside holster. If I'm going somewhere and mostly walking or standing, no problem. As soon as I sit I need to shift or adjust for the new angle \ pressure on the holster. I have checked out the Sneaky Pete holster and it works with the LC9. Even "practiced" wearing it empty and never had any comments.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Epaphroditus
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2013
                            • 4888

                            Originally posted by LONGRANGER777
                            ditto...NAA 22mag with pocket wallet... invisible ...
                            Yup.
                            CA firearms laws timeline BLM land maps

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              MrOrange
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 2262

                              I've found that what conceals well as a pocket gun is very subjective. One gun may hide very well and another with virtually identical specs is like trying to carry a brick in your pocket.

                              Back in the day, I had a Det. Special with a bobbed hammer and custom wood stocks that didn't extend past the frame to the back or bottom. Even though it was only tiny fractions of an inch larger than a J-frame, the J would disappear quite nicely & I could slip it in/out easily, but I just couldn't get comfortable with the DS.

                              PF-9 v. Kahr is the same way for me, the PF-9 is very slick and comfortable and the Kahr isn't. Of course now that I have a XDs .45 ACP that point is moot.

                              CCW Breakaway pants look to be revolutionizing pocket carry parameters. I haven't tried them, but from the excellent vids on their web site I'll bet an average sized dude could carry a G19 or Officer's ACP in his front pocket with them. They're pretty expensive, but when you consider they're the equivalent of a top shelf pair of pants (proudly sourced/made in USA) and two holsters, they look a lot better.

                              Want comfort and convenience in your everyday carry? Concealed carry clothing, pants, shorts, and holsters provide comfort, holstering convenience, and the fastest one-handed draw from concealment. Safe, discreet, covert, and always prepared!



                              The Sneaky Pete thang looks like it would be a good idea, if they didn't put their brand on it, thereby announcing to anyone even remotely familiar with the gun scene that you're carrying a gun on your belt.
                              I meant, it is my opinion that...






                              I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
                              I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
                              You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Ranger20
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2008
                                • 1610

                                Kahr PM40... replaced my 32 Seecamp/J frames/ mustangs/ keltec 32, PPK/PPKS and small Beretta Jetfire.
                                I don't find it hard to shoot well... which surprised me as it's 40sw. vs 9mm

                                I bet the PM9 would be even sweeter.

                                Here is my PM40... I use desantis sticky style and Blackwater pocket holsters.


                                One mans opinion worth what you paid for it LOL
                                Join Date: Oct 2008
                                Location: Sacramento Area
                                Posts: 1,600
                                iTrader: 89 / 100%
                                Feedback Score: 89 reviews, 100%

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1