Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

XD's 9mm 4.0 looking at

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 1911master
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 139

    XD's 9mm 4.0 looking at

    What's everybodys thoughts on this handgun good/bad and how much am i gonna have to spend to get one.
  • #2
    charlie999
    Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 165

    Sweet shooter, trigger is very good, the trigger feels different after a few hundred rounds. I think its the XD's "break in" period. No malfunctions, but the slide is harder to rack compared to a glock.

    Comment

    • #3
      E Michael
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2012
      • 2513

      I have a 3.3 45,so i can't speak about the nine, but your looKing at 700 to 900 with the current market.

      Comment

      • #4
        KING_PALM
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 3590

        Carry a 4" that has been undercut .. been coated 4-5 times. Has different sights in it. Also has about 10K down the pipe.
        Like it enough to carry it everyday. I am also thinking about chopping the grip and making it a sub compact.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          springfield4ever
          Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 367

          Assuming you meant XDS not XD's, the newer mid-mags from SA made a huge difference for me personally. Grip feels so much better with both the pinky and backstrap extended. Looking at $700+

          Comment

          • #6
            c good
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 2714

            I like mine but it has a horrible trigger. Will give it some time to break in, as I only have 150 rounds through it. Then it's a spring kit if things don't improve. I agree with above price. $700 or more.

            Comment

            • #7
              c good
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 2714

              Originally posted by KING_PALM
              Carry a 4" that has been undercut .. been coated 4-5 times. Has different sights in it. Also has about 10K down the pipe.
              Like it enough to carry it everyday. I am also thinking about chopping the grip and making it a sub compact.
              What is "undercut"? Also "coated" with what? just curious what I'm missing out on. Thanks for any info on this. Any pics? c good

              Comment

              • #8
                KING_PALM
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2009
                • 3590


                Cerakote


                If you look at the trigger guard and right behind that.. It's undercut to let your hands / grip get higher up on the grip.

                The last picture is how sits now in my holster now
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Malthusian
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 4133

                  I like the Xds 4.0 allot. It is probably my favorite of the small pistols and I have tried most of them except for the Sigs

                  Everybody seems to like the 3.3 but the grip length is what is hard to conceal ...not the barrel length. I would rather have the extra sight radius, also the smaller guns tend to creep up over the waist when you sit down. The longer length, stays in place

                  The trigger is a little mushy compared to the shield and others, but you get used to it real fast...creep, surprise break, bang

                  I have seen them as low as $700 and $850 at the high end. I notice the higher prices are in Southern CA. Cheaper prices are around the Fresno area
                  Springfield was having a promo during the end of SSE, so allot are being offered with the extra $200 magazines, accessories for $850 and up

                  YMMV
                  Last edited by Malthusian; 06-21-2015, 6:14 PM.
                  "While it may come as a surprise to the authors of the legislation, most semi-automatic pistols do in fact come with a pistol grip"
                  Malthusianism is the idea that population growth is potentially exponential while the growth of the food supply is arithmetical at best.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Carcassonne
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 4897

                    Originally posted by 1911master
                    What's everybodys thoughts on this handgun good/bad and how much am i gonna have to spend to get one.

                    I have one. They are around $750 in the Calguns marketplace section. In my opinion they cost more than they are worth unless you really want one - which I did.

                    The Good: They are accurate, and they are comfortable to shoot; except for what I wrote below. It has a fiber optic front sight.

                    The Bad: They are heavy: 25-26 ounces. I think they are the heaviest of the small concealable 9mm guns on the market. Mine weighs 3 ounces less than a full size aluminum frame 45ACP pistol I have.

                    The Ugly: The slide release has a sharp corner that may irritate your thumb (if you are right handed). I filed mine down a little. There is a sharp protrusion on either side just below the thumb recess that may irritate your thumb. I sanded mine down. The XDs logo on the grip, and the long magazine has sharp corners that are annoying. The case the gun comes in is too big, and is a waste of money. So is the holster and magazine holder.


                    .
                    Last edited by Carcassonne; 06-21-2015, 6:25 PM.
                    Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

                    In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

                    I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      1911master
                      Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 139

                      damn 700-900$ why does kalufornia do this to us

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        KING_PALM
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 3590

                        I totally read this thread aa XD's not XDs.
                        OP are you looking for XDs or XD's
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          PseudoTsuga
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2013
                          • 803

                          Mine was like new with all accessories and everything for $580 from a great fellow calgunner.
                          I asked him when we were doing the ppt why so cheap when other 3.3 9mm xds were selling for $850-$900 on calguns, and he said he paid $580 via sse with tax and fees. And then was like, "Why would I charge more than I paid? I just want it to go to someone who will use it and enjoy it."
                          I was so happy.

                          Fwiw, op, I have a lot of pistols. Some full custom 1911s, and some really cool wheelguns too. Almost all of my friends shoot the xds more than any other pistol when we're shooting them all. Even my girlfriend's dad who is quite a shooter. We flew out to his 220 acre place in Southern Illinois, just above the Kentucky border and I brought five nice pistols. I could barely get any trigger time on the xds because he always had it. Giggling too.
                          Maybe they like it because it's kind of fun to shoot a pistol that is so small but shots so accurately and has great ergos.
                          That's why I like it.
                          His edc is a glock 26, and he's now looking for a deal on an xds!
                          "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy."
                          -F. Scott Fitzgerald

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            flhxxx
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2013
                            • 949

                            I paid $550 for mine with the SSE etc. and I thought it was a good value at that price point. I don't know that I would pay a whole lot more to somebody reselling one, maybe an additional $100 or so.

                            I liked the gun but wasn't s fan of the trigger. I recently had the powder river spring / sear/ grip safety installed and that made everything just a little nicer while maintaining enough trigger pull for a carry piece. I recommend this mod and then a thorough shakedown with a few hundred rounds to vet your gun afterword.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              E Michael
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 2513

                              Originally posted by KING_PALM
                              I totally read this thread aa XD's not XDs.
                              OP are you looking for XDs or XD's
                              I read it the opposite, I have an XDs 45 and an XD 9. Some people dont like the ruggedness of the grip on the XDs so it would benefit us if we could determine which one he met.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1