Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Custom glock mods.. What do you like?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ssteve
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 856

    Custom glock mods.. What do you like?

    Self proclaimed glock fanboy here, love all my stock/ish glocks. However I would like to add a couple custom glocks to the collection, and am wondering what you guys like? I plan to do a dragonfly zev 34, and would like to do a g19 as well as possibly a 17 or 22.

    For the 19 I would like it to look good, but not willing to go crazy as I would like to carry the gun at times. The 17/22/34 will just be range toys I run on some friendly steel comps and paper.
  • #2
    1SAM
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 837

    Look up agency arms. They are based out of Camarillo, CA. Awesome work. Whatever you do, stay away from the shotty gun smiths of salient arms

    Comment

    • #3
      Baja Jones
      Member
      • May 2011
      • 217

      Guncrafters 50 cal conversion for a 21

      I just saw this last night, a company called Guncrafters Industries that builds custom hand crafted 1911s also makes a conversion barrel and mag for the Gen 3 G21 that converts it to chamber a 50 GI. They make a couple of rounds from a 185 grain that makes 1200 FPS to a 300 grain bear stopper. I will report back after I have one and have tested it.
      Jones

      Comment

      • #4
        ssteve
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 856

        Yeah I've heard some decent horror stories about salient.

        Comment

        • #5
          ssteve
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 856

          Originally posted by Baja Jones
          I just saw this last night, a company called Guncrafters Industries that builds custom hand crafted 1911s also makes a conversion barrel and mag for the Gen 3 G21 that converts it to chamber a 50 GI. They make a couple of rounds from a 185 grain that makes 1200 FPS to a 300 grain bear stopper. I will report back after I have one and have tested it.
          Jones
          Sounds like a fun conversion. A little out of the realm of what I would like to do but definitely interested in hearing a report back on it.

          Comment

          • #6
            Tri750
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2011
            • 1030

            Get ya a Dremel tool.....

            Comment

            • #7
              freebug
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2012
              • 596

              Salient is way cool but way pricey. Agency wants to be Salient kind of like Sum41 wanting to be Blink 182. Both do the same exact thing but I like Salient for their style. Neither gun will make you shoot better.

              I've Dremmeled a few of my Glocks and am very happy with them. Get a Skimmer trigger and a fiber optic front sight from 10-8 and a good U notch and you are GOOD TO GO. My G17 will be getting a Salient Arms low profile mag well.

              Last edited by freebug; 05-27-2015, 9:36 PM.
              - 80% AR Fan
              - 300BLK all the way

              Comment

              • #8
                flhxxx
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2013
                • 949

                Ghost EVO Elite Connector
                Apex Tactical Ultimate Safety Plunger
                Trijicon High Def Sites Orange outline
                Vickers Tactical Mag Release

                Will be trying out ALG's six second mount with a Aimpoint Micro pretty soon.

                Comment

                • #9
                  CK_32
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 14369

                  Night sights. That's it.


                  Unless your talking salient. Then you go full potato

                  Last edited by CK_32; 05-27-2015, 10:02 PM.
                  For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                  What's Your Caliber??


                  My Youtube channel

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    hermosabeach
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 19828

                    Have it milled for an RMR
                    Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                    Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                    Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                    Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                    (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      1SAM
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 837

                      Originally posted by freebug
                      Salient is way cool but way pricey. Agency wants to be Salient kind of like Sum41 wanting to be Blink 182. Both do the same exact thing but I like Salient for their style. Neither gun will make you shoot better.

                      I've Dremmeled a few of my Glocks and am very happy with them. Get a Skimmer trigger and a fiber optic front sight from 10-8 and a good U notch and you are GOOD TO GO. My G17 will be getting a Salient Arms low profile mag well.


                      Nice Glock! Salient arms sucks!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ricksOe
                        Member
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 417

                        Originally posted by CK_32
                        Night sights. That's it.
                        That's as custom as it gets for me.
                        Glock 17 Gen 3 [X]
                        Glock 32 Gen 4
                        Glock 20SF Gen 3 [X]

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          lakersfan
                          Member
                          • Apr 2015
                          • 499

                          My G17 has...

                          Stainless steel guide rod
                          Extended slide lever
                          Talon grips
                          Sevigny competition sights...fiber optic front/plain black rear.

                          I would like a bigger mag release button so I don't have to reach for it. That's 1 feature I like about gen 4.
                          Last edited by lakersfan; 05-27-2015, 10:19 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            freebug
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 596

                            Originally posted by 1SAM
                            Nice Glock! Salient arms sucks!
                            Why does Salient suck? Yes, they spend a great deal of $$$ on marketing but the product is cool, IMHO. Is it worth $2,700? No. But if you have $$$ to burn why not? New boy - Agency is trying to do the exact same thing as Salient so they must also suck but I've yet to see one and use one. They are going after marketing as well.

                            My friend has a Salient and in person and shooting it - they are nice. But like I said, it doesn't make you shoot better (he even admits this). Practice with trigger resets and sight picture will make you a better shooter no matter what the tool.
                            - 80% AR Fan
                            - 300BLK all the way

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              1SAM
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 837

                              i don't really have a dog in the fight since i don't own a salient glock or an agency arms glock. however, boresight posted some pictures and cleanup work that he had to do to a salient arms "custom glock". ill say it was enough to steer me away from ever doing business with salient. that is also not the first time i have heard of shotty work from salient. So, if i had to choose it would be agency arms. i will be purchasing their drop in trigger kit very soon. i have heard nothing but great reviews on it. Also, I'm not too sure about salient arms, but agency arms is a veteran and LEO operated shop. that alone is enough for them to get my business.

                              Last edited by 1SAM; 05-27-2015, 10:30 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1