Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Springfield XD/XDM

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • some1cool4u2
    Junior Member
    • May 2015
    • 13

    Springfield XD/XDM

    Just got my Springfield XD 40 and wasn't able to get the XDM since it's not legal in CA. I goggled the differences between the two and was wondering is the any way to convert pieces in the XD so it's like the XDM? I've tried goggle'n but only have found the barrel conversions. Any suggestions?
  • #2
    Old4eyes
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 1757

    What are your groupings at 50 yards?

    While the M in XDM may mean marketing as opposed to match, the biggest and most useful difference between the XD and the XDM is the adjustable palm swell, and nothing is going to be in the market to make that possible. The higher capacity magazine in an XDM is a moot point for California. I like the XD and I know that I shoot less accurately than it is capable of being shot.

    Just shoot what you have and be happy. Or get a Dan Wesson / Les Baer or some other semi-custom to custom 1911 and report back on those 50 yard groups.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - On second thought, hold the Lawyers.

    Comment

    • #3
      Metal Fiend
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2011
      • 1048

      That's been discussed over at XDTalk.com
      I already own an XD-45 and would like to add a 40S&W to my collection. What I would like to know is -- What are the differences between the XD and the XDm? The only real differences I can see are: The XD 4.0 is 12+1 and the XDm 3.8 is 16+1 The XD is less expensive than the XDm. The XD slide...

      Short answer, No
      I've got both versions and like the XDM much more

      Comment

      • #4
        funk_drum
        Member
        • Jun 2014
        • 289

        My hands are kinda small so I really like the ability to use the smaller back strap on the xdm.

        Comment

        • #5
          some1cool4u2
          Junior Member
          • May 2015
          • 13

          These are great feeds. What I was mostly looking at was the heavy duty guide rod spring and the minimal reset trigger. As for the grip and mag, well I know that's not gonna happen.

          Comment

          • #6
            EMR
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 1023

            Originally posted by some1cool4u2
            These are great feeds. What I was mostly looking at was the heavy duty guide rod spring and the minimal reset trigger. As for the grip and mag, well I know that's not gonna happen.
            Check out Powder River Precision. It's what most of the guys over that the XD forums recommend and it's what I have and recommend. I've got the Ultimate Match kit in mine. Excellent trigger with a light pull, crisp break, and zero over travel with short reset. http://shop.powderriverprecision.net...3?categoryId=2

            They have different guide rod springs as well. Know that if you change to a heavier guide rod spring, you might end up with problems with WWB and other lighter loads. You may find that hotter rounds may be more reliable with heavier springs.

            Comment

            • #7
              PseudoTsuga
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2013
              • 803

              I've put about 1500 rounds through my xd .45 service model, so I'd say I know how it shoots and how the trigger is.
              I went out to Wyoming to hang out and shoot with a buddy. We put about three hundred rounds through his xdm .45 and about 150 through mine. To me, the trigger was almost imperceptibly better. Slightly shorter reset. Nbd to me.
              The ergos were a little better though, although that would be highly subjective.
              "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy."
              -F. Scott Fitzgerald

              Comment

              • #8
                The Bubble
                Member
                • Dec 2012
                • 343

                I have an xd40 too, but all PRP out. I have shot over 3000 rounds and will say this..... I sold my p226 mk25 to fuel more Ammo for the XD- yeah I like the gun that much more.

                Match trigger is awesome! I got the houge slip on grip and it makes the worlds difference

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1