Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help with Smith & Wesson parts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • firemanjoe
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 1066

    Help with Smith & Wesson parts

    My dad has an old smith & Wesson model 60. Somewhere along the many years of carrying it as a backup gun on duty, he lost the thumb piece and screw that release the cylinder. I looked on brownells to see if they had it in stock. They have the screw, but the thumb piece is back ordered. Any other idea where I can find these parts?
    "...... to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason -
  • #2
    003
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 3436



    Give these folks a call.

    Comment

    • #3
      dfletcher
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Dec 2006
      • 14811

      Originally posted by firemanjoe
      My dad has an old smith & Wesson model 60. Somewhere along the many years of carrying it as a backup gun on duty, he lost the thumb piece and screw that release the cylinder. I looked on brownells to see if they had it in stock. They have the screw, but the thumb piece is back ordered. Any other idea where I can find these parts?
      Numrich Arms (gunparts corp) will have them and won't charge an arm & a leg. BTW, the thumb latch has changed a bit over the years. I think they're all interchangeable though, including different frame sizes. I have a K frame latch on a 49 & it works fine.
      GOA Member & SAF Life Member

      Comment

      • #4
        Dr.Lou
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 775

        eBay
        sigpic
        NRA Benefactor Member

        Comment

        • #5
          Revoman
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 2395

          Sometimes the Motherland is the place to buy parts too. Don't forget the Smith & Wesson factory.

          Yup, the thumb latch, called a thumbpiece, has changed over the years, so you might ask for the Revision specific piece. The 'screw' is actually called a thumbpiece nut by the way.

          Comment

          • #6
            Mr. Beretta
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2005
            • 6614

            Last time I needed one I ordered it from S&W direct.

            Good Luck!

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1