Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Want a Glock 21 longslide?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ShooterMcGavin
    Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 242

    Want a Glock 21 longslide?

    Those of you who have been looking, get on over to lonewolfdist.com, they're taking orders for a run of bare longslides for G21 FGR frames. Add a 6" KKM barrel, build the internal slide parts, and you are good to go. These will be soaked up quick, and it's a temporary production. The last time these were built (by another vendor) was several years ago.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
  • #2
    Greg-Dawg
    Banned
    • Oct 2006
    • 7793

    I wonder how reliable it is.

    It'll have to take a custom recoil spring to function properly.

    I'm a Lone Wolf hater.

    Comment

    • #3
      Ballistic043
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 1704

      Want a Glock 21 longslide?
      no.

      Comment

      • #4
        Max-the-Silent
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2007
        • 786

        Here's one of the old ones:



        Mounted on a first generation frame.

        Comment

        • #5
          hkfooey
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2005
          • 740

          I got the email from them as well - slide is at $225, then you need to add the internal parts, extractor, firing pin, sight, etc - then the 6" barrel - it can easily add up to $400+

          My concern is the reliability - FTE/FTF/etc? I have good experience with the Lone Wolf barrel - but not sure of the "whole" thing?
          ----------------------------------------
          the strong takes from the weak...
          the smart takes from the strong...
          ----------------------------------------

          Comment

          • #6
            bohoki
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 20826

            I wonder how reliable it is.

            It'll have to take a custom recoil spring to function properly.

            I'm a Lone Wolf hater.

            why would you need a custom recoil spring?

            Comment

            • #7
              Greg-Dawg
              Banned
              • Oct 2006
              • 7793

              Originally posted by bohoki
              why would you need a custom recoil spring?
              To compensate the slide/barrel length for effecient recoil.

              Comment

              • #8
                Turbinator
                Administrator
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2005
                • 11976

                I'm a Lone Wolf hater.
                Why's that, had problems with them in the past? I've never dealt with them before, so I don't know. Just curious.

                Turby

                Comment

                • #9
                  rolly
                  Member
                  • May 2008
                  • 493

                  it comes also with harris bipod!





                  just kidding !

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bohoki
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 20826

                    To compensate the slide/barrel length for effecient recoil.
                    i dont think that little bit of slide mass matters when using standard hardball

                    of course if you are tuning your own loads you would be using special springs anyway

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SVRider
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 1914

                      Yeah, and they've been promissing a 6" length G20 slide for over a year now....
                      FOR SALE:

                      Check back later

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Max-the-Silent
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 786

                        I wonder how reliable it is.

                        It'll have to take a custom recoil spring to function properly.

                        I'm a Lone Wolf hater.

                        Correct - using WWB I had problems, PMC less so, but until I fooled around with an aftermarket guide and different RS I couldn't get it to run 100%.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          slick_711
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 4400

                          Originally posted by Max-the-Silent
                          Here's one of the old ones:



                          Mounted on a first generation frame.
                          That's a second generation frame.

                          Good looking gun though. If I wasn't such a 1911 guy (and in debt ) I'd pick one up.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            AMC
                            Member
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 215

                            why spend all that when you can get a SA XD45 tactical for about the same price as a slide, barrel & parts.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              scewper
                              Member
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 294

                              I wonder how reliable it is.

                              It'll have to take a custom recoil spring to function properly.

                              I'm a Lone Wolf hater.
                              Maybe that big hole in the top of the slide is so it weighs the same as a standard slide, then you could use the same springs. Dunno.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1