Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

This is NOT just another 1911 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    rubbman
    Senior Member
    • May 2013
    • 652

    Originally posted by Galli1565
    Get the Colt
    Cant' agree more!
    Last edited by rubbman; 08-01-2015, 4:34 PM.
    I once pondered over the debate of 9mm vs. .40, then I was introduced to .38 super and 10mm and forgot all about it.

    Comment

    • #17
      GM4spd
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2008
      • 5682

      Originally posted by cannon
      I don't feel a difference in recoil between between my 45's with or without checkering.

      This is the correct answer. Pete

      Comment

      • #18
        nahpungnome
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2013
        • 2159

        Originally posted by J-cat
        Wrong. Lighter recoil spring, lighter recoil. The SA prolly had a well worn recoil spring, now lighter in weight, and that's why it kicked less.
        Uh, no. Try firing a 230gr+P round with a 13lb recoil spring. Tell me if it's got more recoil than a 18.5lb spring. You'll probably have feeding issues as well.

        Comment

        • #19
          nahpungnome
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2013
          • 2159

          Btw, the only way I can see checkering having anything to do with recoil is the amount of grip strength you have on the frame.

          Comment

          • #20
            Pupulepeter
            Senior Member
            • May 2012
            • 783

            I had the same experience with a SIG next to my semi custom SAI GI model last week. I think for me it was the round MSH; it fills my hand better than the flat one did. For me, perceived recoil seems to have a lot to do with a solid grip.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1