Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ordered new gun last week, now on backorder

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SenorJefe
    Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 216

    Ordered new gun last week, now on backorder

    Hey everyone, I placed an order with MidwestHuntersOutlet.com and bought a Sig P226. Even before I placed an order, I called to confirm everything. Here's the subsequent response I received via email, even after being told verbally on the phone -

    Reply by: LaTisha on 10/28/2008 3:40:14 PM

    Ryan,

    Per our conversation, the reason these are here is because they have 10rd magazines. We have 2 in stock.

    Thank you for contacting us and have a great day! LaTisha Walker Customer Service TGSCOM,Inc Where the Second Amendment Comes First Order toll free: 1-866-456-2522
    I called today and asked why my order hadn't shipped yet? CS response was, "I'm sorry, it seems it's still in backorder".

    Here's the issue: I placed the order for my new handgun at 12:57 PM on last Weds. and received this email exactly 5 minutes AFTER I completed my purchase.

    So now, my question is this, do I cancel my order and "try" to find another somewhere else? Or do I throw a fit for being lied to and demand to speak to management?

    Any advice would be appreciated
    Last edited by SenorJefe; 11-03-2008, 1:21 PM.
    "To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." -Thomas Jefferson
  • #2
    Greg-Dawg
    Banned
    • Oct 2006
    • 7793

    Just be patient and just keep following up with them in a friendly manner.

    If you're not patient, then buy locally...but then again, you have to pay more.

    Comment

    • #3
      civilsnake
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 2261

      SIG is definitely a little behind on P226s right now. I had to wait a few weeks to get mine. Just be patient, it'll come.
      Then another horse PONY came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a huge sword. My kinda guy.

      Comment

      • #4
        The SoCal Gunner
        Veteran Member
        • May 2006
        • 3319

        So are you waiting for one with hi-cap mags or the ones that come with 10 round mags which, from your post, says 2 are in stock?

        Comment

        • #5
          SenorJefe
          Member
          • Oct 2008
          • 216

          Originally posted by The SoCal Gunner
          So are you waiting for one with hi-cap mags or the ones that come with 10 round mags which, from your post, says 2 are in stock?
          Being a Commiefornian, I'm waiting for the 10 round mags. My question last week (before I made my purchase) was why the 15rd Blackwater guns were out, but they had the 10rd in stock. Her obvious answer was that the most people from other states want hi-cap mags.

          I just received a response to my questions:
          Reply by: LaTisha on 11/3/2008 336 PM

          Ryan,

          We did have 2 in stock before you placed your order, unfortunately there were 2 other customers that placed an order for the same item before you did. You ended up being #3 for receiving this firearm, so now unfortunately this is on backorder. If you would like your order cancelled, let us know.
          Oh well, looks like I'll cancel and find a base model 226 elsewhere.

          Thanks for the help

          EDIT: That is hilarious that the date stamp made an emoticon
          "To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." -Thomas Jefferson

          Comment

          • #6
            devildog999
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2008
            • 5534

            That blows. Just cancel it and buy elsewhere.
            Originally posted by TRAP55
            Or your ammo stash has replaced your wifes parking spot in the garage.
            When my neighbor asked what all those crates were, I told him if he sees smoke coming from my garage, and me running down the street......he better catch up!
            Originally posted by Steve O
            Just go to safeway to shop for food. The young good looking couple buying healthy food...they're a new couple. The fat ones wearing ****ty clothes not caring about how they look, getting frozen food...they're married!

            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              ontmark
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2007
              • 1237

              If it is a good deal, it is worth the wait.
              I ordered a SIG P226RCT from a local gun shop in the bay area a year and a half ago.
              It was a new model. It had Crimson Trace laser grips on it with the SIG Logo on them.
              The price was good.
              The shop said it could take up to eight weeks to get it in.
              I hated the wait.
              Took five weeks to get it in and then the 10 day DOJ wait on top of that.
              Like I said the price was worth the wait.

              PS: Welcome to the Forum

              Comment

              • #8
                SenorJefe
                Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 216

                The price was very decent for the Blackwater I wanted. My local Turner's shop had the very gun for $200 more! Yikes.

                The previous gun outlet told me it may take months before they get any more. At that point it was a no brainer. And thanks to help on here, I've taken all your advice and cancelled my order.

                I'm "toning it down" and just going for the base P226R with night sights. Just found two 9mm mags...now I"m good to go

                Thanks for the help
                "To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." -Thomas Jefferson

                Comment

                • #9
                  rayra
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 1747

                  Cancel. There's just barely time to buy three semi-auto pistols between now and Obama's inauguaration. No time to dick around with dishonest / slack vendors.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1