Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SIG 226 MK25-CA

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dawn
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2015
    • 8

    SIG 226 MK25-CA

    Long story short, I visited my LGS the other day and found a sweet looking 226 MK25 in the display case. I have been looking for a new one for a long time and seeing it there I had to have it in my hands.

    So I asked to see it, it was awesome as I thought, and at the time the LCI didnt look too bad, so I jailed it.

    Only thing really bugging me are the CA compliant features (of course). I can live with the LCI, but can I remove the white lettering at all? How about the mag disconnect safety? Can that be removed as well? If so... how?

    Thanks for the read guys.
  • #2
    67goat
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 896

    Those are requirements for a manufacturer to have gotten their gun on the list. The law does not require you to keep the gun in the same condition. Haven't removed a mag disconnect, but id hear it is fairly easy.

    Comment

    • #3
      CWM4A1
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2006
      • 1135

      Mag disconnect: Buy a new locking block or get a punch to punch out the pin holding the mag disconnect. Gun will function fine without it. Matter of fact I see more of them failed to cause problem than not. If I have one that would be on my #1 list to get rid off.

      Cera-coat the slide would be my suggestion to avoid coloring difference. I would just live with it. However, I would chop the leg off the LCI and completely disable it. SIG LCI would prevent proper function to clear type III malfunctions and IMHO it's a bad design.
      NRA certified RSO, Pistol/Rifle/Personal Protection Inside The Home instructor, Certified SIG/Glock pistol armorer.

      Comment

      • #4
        Dawn
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2015
        • 8

        Thanks for the answers guys.

        I can live with the text, at least for the time being. The mag-disconnect however, will go, since I would like to be able to dry-fire without continuous reseating of the magazine.

        What size steel/brass punch?

        Comment

        • #5
          elsupermanny14
          Member
          • Apr 2014
          • 372

          I know you can buy a brand new non-LCI slide for the normal P226 model from Sig or on Ebay and rid yourself the LCI. Maybe they sell the MK25 non-LCI slides too? Try calling Sig to see if they can sell you the part.

          Comment

          • #6
            riderr
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2013
            • 6704

            Originally posted by Dawn
            The mag-disconnect however, will go, since I would like to be able to dry-fire without continuous reseating of the magazine.
            I am not sure what is the issue. Insert a mag and then dry fire all day long.
            Last edited by riderr; 02-27-2015, 11:27 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              incognito925
              Member
              • Oct 2013
              • 267

              Mag disconnect can be a cool feature. Drop the mag before you hand it a crook. What's the big deal? :-)

              Comment

              • #8
                incognito925
                Member
                • Oct 2013
                • 267

                How much did you pick it up for? I wouldn't mind the CA compliant features it it means avoiding the rape prices from resellers.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Dawn
                  Junior Member
                  • Feb 2015
                  • 8

                  Originally posted by riderr
                  I am not sure what is the issue. Insert a mag and then dry fire all day long.
                  Poor wording on my part. I meant to say it would be nice to dry fire without having to have a magazine seated all the time.

                  Originally posted by incognito925
                  How much did you pick it up for? I wouldn't mind the CA compliant features it it means avoiding the rape prices from resellers.
                  My LGS had the MK25 for about 975, wasn't too bad.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Dawn
                    Junior Member
                    • Feb 2015
                    • 8

                    Originally posted by elsupermanny14
                    I know you can buy a brand new non-LCI slide for the normal P226 model from Sig or on Ebay and rid yourself the LCI. Maybe they sell the MK25 non-LCI slides too? Try calling Sig to see if they can sell you the part.
                    From what I heard, if I request any slides from SIG they would need any CA compliant features. I am pretty much stuck with the LCI until I decide to go the conversion kit route which would probably set me back another $300.

                    Even then I wouldn't have the awesome anchor engraving.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Green_Three
                      Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 135

                      Originally posted by Dawn
                      Thanks for the answers guys.

                      I can live with the text, at least for the time being.
                      You can get a small vial of Testers model paint from Michaels for ~$1 and dab some on the letters, allow to dry, then lightly go over it with a paint thinner soaked Q-tip to remove the excess. I did this with a Troy front AR-15 sight. It works pretty well, but is only semi-permanent.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Junbuster
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 668

                        My first handgun ever was a CA compliant sig 229 elite.....it was also an impulse buy and at first i though i could live with the BS lci and mag dis. Turns out those few changes are the exact reason i sold it......one thing ive learned these past few years about buying, at least in my experience....is if i initially feel uneasy or apprehensive about a new purchase then its not meant to be......

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1