Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SA 1911-A1 trigger

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • n8leon
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2015
    • 27

    SA 1911-A1 trigger

    Just curious, what is the reason for the longer trigger on the SA Loaded 1911-A1, since the original A1 adopted a shorter (checkered) trigger?

    TIA,
    n8
  • #2
    5ZS
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 1047

    Loaded = loaded with features (modern or upgraded from the original features).

    More to the original would be their GI/Mil-Spec that they make.

    Original steel trigger < upgraded aluminum trigger (lighter, faster). Length is just a preference.

    Comment

    • #3
      n8leon
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2015
      • 27

      Originally posted by 5ZS
      Loaded = loaded with features (modern or upgraded from the original features).
      Fair enough, I get this model is not supposed to be an exact replica.
      I guess it just struck me as ironic that one of the top 5 upgraded features of the Colt 1911-A1 from 1924 was the shorter, checkered trigger.

      Thanks,
      n8

      Comment

      • #4
        n8leon
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2015
        • 27

        P. S. as for checkered vs. serrated, I have seen both.

        Here is an original Colt 1911-A1 that has the checkered trigger:

        (skip to 27:25)

        and this one that went up for auction:
        This is a Colt 1911A1 U.S. Army semi-auto pistol. All markings and all numbers match, including barrel, on this gun. Only magazine has no number. Very tight a

        (scroll down a bit)

        and one from Remington that also has a checkered trigger:
        . INTRODUCTION I'd like to start by thanking all of you for helping us kick off this new forum in style. I believe that with everyone's efforts, we can make this site truly special and certainly the best 1911 forum around. With our knowledgeable staff and outstanding member base, that will...

        (search for "Remington Rand")

        but most of the other models on that latter site have serrated triggers.

        So what is the history of checkered vs. serrated triggers?

        Thanks,
        n8
        Last edited by n8leon; 02-26-2015, 8:05 AM.

        Comment

        • #5
          JTROKS
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2007
          • 13093

          Long, short, serrated, checkered or smooth.

          Long vs short all depends on how long your trigger finger is. Serrated is more for fast placement of trigger finger and non slip. Now a checkered trigger will provide better non slip surface but I'd rather use that on a light load target-bullseye gun. Then there are lightened, skeletonized, flutted, plastic and titanium for the light trigger pull gun racers. It all depends on your preference and how much you're willing to spend.
          The wise man said just find your place
          In the eye of the storm
          Seek the roses along the way
          Just beware of the thorns...
          K. Meine

          Comment

          • #6
            RR.44
            CGSSA Leader
            • Mar 2012
            • 1933

            I prefer the longer serrated trigger over the short trigger. But that's just me. YMMV
            sigpic

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1