Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CO2 cartridge

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GM4spd
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2008
    • 5682

    CO2 cartridge

    If you have a dual CO2 cartridge clip,(that inserts into the rifle)do you remove it when not using the gun
    to prevent leaking out over time? Pete
  • #2
    BigPimping
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 21481

    Do not leave them in there while they are full. They slowly leak out and damage the seals.
    sigpic

    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

    Don't let your history be a mystery

    Comment

    • #3
      ChaoSS
      Member
      • Sep 2013
      • 490

      I disagree. A slow leak down isn't damaging the seals. In fact, some guns should be left charged to avoid damage to the seals.

      Cheap co2 guns probably aren't going to hold a charge very well though so I wouldn't worry about that.

      Certain guns (umarex fusion) have seals that swell in the presence of co2 so you have to completely de gas and wait awhile for the seals to shrink back down to avoid damage.

      Btw, if you aren't shooting much, like if you are just doing a little pest control, you can use an empty cylinder and a full one so you don't waste as much co2.

      Comment

      • #4
        GM4spd
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2008
        • 5682

        Thanks for the tips. I guess you shoot co2 guns till they're dry until you are
        ready to use them again. Rather cumbersome for pest control having to
        reinsert a new cartridge. The one I have that holds the two,if I remove it
        and leave it charged and the seals eventually leak over time it's not really
        a big deal because they don't cost too much and you would not actually
        damage the seals in the rifle itself. Pete

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1