Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Concealing Extra Mag ??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • seasnake
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 210

    Concealing Extra Mag ??

    What are you guys and gals using to carry an extra Mag ? I am currently using a Snagmag , it goes in your pocket and clips on like a knife its ok depending on what kind of pocket your shorts / pants have . Looking for something to maybe go on my belt .
  • #2
    CJJohn
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 1216

    I used to carry on belt in a Kydex holder I made. Now I just pocket rock it.

    Comment

    • #3
      glock_this
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2005
      • 8225

      I currently don't get to carry - San Diego County - but I have often thought this system makes sense. Horizontal mag holder covers all of the mag and is inline with your belt so seems pretty innocuous and many might not even know what they are seeing.

      10 +1 in the chamber

      Comment

      • #4
        leadstorm
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2008
        • 1191

        I use a multi-tool holster OWB (mine happens to be a SOG).

        I could even wear it with a tucked shirt...cuz it's just a multi-tool on my belt to anyone who doesn't know better.

        Comment

        • #5
          daorozco86
          Member
          • Jan 2014
          • 376

          What lead storm said. Or I just throw two in my rear pocket of my skinny jeans!

          Comment

          • #6
            ralph.garmin
            Banned
            • Mar 2014
            • 319

            ***
            Last edited by ralph.garmin; 10-04-2014, 2:00 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              Decoligny
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Mar 2008
              • 10615

              Originally posted by leadstorm
              I use a multi-tool holster OWB (mine happens to be a SOG).

              I could even wear it with a tucked shirt...cuz it's just a multi-tool on my belt to anyone who doesn't know better.

              I use something similar that goes on my belt horizontally.

              It is a tactical nylon generic knife holder that I purchased at the Base Exchange from the Military Clothing section. It closes with velcro and is pretty discrete.

              I usually look like a Batman wannabe with all the crap I have on my belt anyway (Mini-Mag light, Cell Phone, and the magazine holder) so nobody ever notices what is there. If they do they assume it is just a folding knife.

              When I am on base the holder is used for pepper spray, as I cannot carry my gun on a Military Installation.
              sigpic
              If you haven't seen it with your own eyes,
              or heard it with your own ears,
              don't make it up with your small mind,
              or spread it with your big mouth.

              Comment

              • #8
                thayne
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 2289

                I use a leatherman pouch. Nylon leatherman wave pouch for glock 19 or similar mags and leatheman bit pouch for single stack mags.
                "It wasn't a failure of laws," said Amanda Wilcox, who along with her husband, Nick, lobbies for the California chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I just don't see how our gun laws could have stopped something like that."

                Comment

                • #9
                  TurboChrisB
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 5116

                  The average person will never "need" a firearm to defend themselves with...so a concealed weapon is "not needed"

                  I would suggest your line of reasoning is unnecessarily casual.

                  If you're comfortable carrying extra ammo.....then by all means you SHOULD carry it. If not then don't.

                  But not needed? Yeah, no.


                  Originally posted by ralph.garmin
                  The average SD/HD shooting is about 3 rounds.
                  Extra mags not needed

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    71MUSTY
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 7029

                    I have just enough room in my weak side back pocket of my levi's for my wallet and one mag.
                    Only slaves don't need guns

                    Originally posted by epilepticninja
                    Americans vs. Democrats
                    We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


                    We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


                    What doesn't kill me, better run

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      davidly15
                      Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 413

                      I just carry it in my pocket.
                      NRA MEMBER

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        leadstorm
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 1191

                        Originally posted by ralph.garmin
                        The average SD/HD shooting is about 3 rounds.
                        Extra mags not needed
                        The average American male is 5'10" tall. I'm 6'6"

                        Statistics is tricky business. Whether or not to carry an extra mag is also a dead horse with no clear winner on Calguns (and this topic has nothing to do with it).

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Andy Guy
                          Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • 244

                          Bravo concealment single mag kydex holder. Sits at the 9 o'clock.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Decoligny
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 10615

                            Originally posted by ralph.garmin
                            The average SD/HD shooting is about 3 rounds.
                            Extra mags not needed
                            You do understand the mathmatical process used to come up with an "average" don't you?

                            HD rounds expened by event:

                            1
                            1
                            1
                            1
                            1
                            1
                            1
                            1
                            1
                            1
                            1
                            1
                            1
                            1
                            16

                            Total rounds expended = 30
                            Total SD events = 15

                            Average SD rounds used = 2

                            So, basically the guy who required 16 rounds in the last SD event really didn't need the extra magazine, as the single 10 round magazine would have been more than adequate to defend against threat that in reality took 16 rounds to neutralize. In fact, since the average number of rounds used in this example is 2, he should have been fine with just 2 rounds and didn't even need to have a full magazine.



                            Remember, Hope for the Best, but Prepare for the Worst.
                            Last edited by Decoligny; 09-24-2014, 9:49 AM.
                            sigpic
                            If you haven't seen it with your own eyes,
                            or heard it with your own ears,
                            don't make it up with your small mind,
                            or spread it with your big mouth.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              FresnoRob
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2013
                              • 2133

                              I carry one in my pocket. Have an IWB holder but never use it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1