Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question about CCW

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • eldaisy
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 10

    Question about CCW

    Hi guys so I was stopped about 2 years ago when I was 21 by the police and I was high on marijuana and i wasn't cited and I didn't have paraphernalia or anything of that sort. I am 23 now since that day haven't touched it and have graduated college. Will I get denied?
  • #2
    Sunday
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2010
    • 5574

    Originally posted by eldaisy
    Hi guys so I was stopped about 2 years ago when I was 21 by the police and I was high on marijuana and i wasn't cited and I didn't have paraphernalia or anything of that sort. I am 23 now since that day haven't touched it and have graduated college. Will I get denied?
    The only way to know is to try.If there is a record the interviewer will have it. Honestly why do you think they call it dope?
    California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

    Comment

    • #3
      eldaisy
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2014
      • 10

      Originally posted by Sunday
      The only way to know is to try.If there is a record the interviewer will have it. Honestly why do you think they call it dope?
      Yeah I know man and I'm not proud of my actions either. :face palm:
      is there anyway to view my record?

      Comment

      • #4
        SacTown
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 1784

        Be upfront and honest. If they catch you with anything even close to a lie you're done. What county are you in?
        sigpic SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

        Comment

        • #5
          ke6guj
          Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 23725

          that would depend on the issuing authority. There is a clause about "good moral character" that might be triggered with document illegal activity only two years ago.
          Jack



          Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

          No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

          Comment

          • #6
            eldaisy
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2014
            • 10

            Originally posted by SacTown
            Be upfront and honest. If they catch you with anything even close to a lie you're done. What county are you in?
            Orange County

            Comment

            • #7
              eldaisy
              Junior Member
              • Sep 2014
              • 10

              Originally posted by ke6guj
              that would depend on the issuing authority. There is a clause about "good moral character" that might be triggered with document illegal activity only two years ago.
              Should I wait another year?

              Comment

              • #8
                ke6guj
                Moderator
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Nov 2003
                • 23725

                Originally posted by eldaisy
                Should I wait another year?
                again, it would depend on your IA. they might have a 3-year rule, it might be a 5-year rule, it might be a 10-year rule, it is currently their discretion.
                Jack



                Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                Comment

                • #9
                  eldaisy
                  Junior Member
                  • Sep 2014
                  • 10

                  Originally posted by ke6guj
                  again, it would depend on your IA. they might have a 3-year rule, it might be a 5-year rule, it might be a 10-year rule, it is currently their discretion.
                  Understood

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    MisplacedTexan
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2012
                    • 706

                    Read through the OC threads (ok, skim them) - there are a couple of people who had questions on yours whether or not to apply and one or two denied for drugs.
                    You say you were stopped. Was there a citation #? I'm guessing you weren't driving?? Were you "detained" specifically were handcuffs ever placed on you?
                    After you skim/ search the OC threads on this subject - ask yourself (especially after answering to yourself what an interviewing cop would think about being stopped for being high on drugs) - and think do you want to take the gamble of having a denial for CCW?

                    IF you get denied - and apply XX years later - you will still have to put down you were denied at one point.

                    I know that's not an answer - but two years might be pushing the envelope just a bit - others might have a different opinion than I do though.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Parabellm
                      Junior Member
                      • Jul 2014
                      • 52

                      You say you were not cited. Did they just let you go with a warning or something? If not cited than there is no record of it. No worries!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ChrisC
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 2469

                        Originally posted by Sunday
                        Honestly why do you think they call it dope?
                        Because of ignorance.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          eldaisy
                          Junior Member
                          • Sep 2014
                          • 10

                          Originally posted by MisplacedTexan
                          Read through the OC threads (ok, skim them) - there are a couple of people who had questions on yours whether or not to apply and one or two denied for drugs.
                          You say you were stopped. Was there a citation #? I'm guessing you weren't driving?? Were you "detained" specifically were handcuffs ever placed on you?
                          After you skim/ search the OC threads on this subject - ask yourself (especially after answering to yourself what an interviewing cop would think about being stopped for being high on drugs) - and think do you want to take the gamble of having a denial for CCW?

                          IF you get denied - and apply XX years later - you will still have to put down you were denied at one point.

                          I know that's not an answer - but two years might be pushing the envelope just a bit - others might have a different opinion than I do though.
                          No sir no citation no ticket not even handcuffs. I was just stopped while walking high and after questioning me and running my name I was let go with a warning. Being that I already own a firearm wouldn't that have prevented me from owning one if it came up on my record?
                          Last edited by eldaisy; 09-02-2014, 4:30 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            eldaisy
                            Junior Member
                            • Sep 2014
                            • 10

                            Originally posted by Parabellm
                            You say you were not cited. Did they just let you go with a warning or something? If not cited than there is no record of it. No worries!
                            Correct just a warning. I would imagine they write down all their stops no?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Pofoo
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 1689

                              I wouldn't volenteer anything. You'll be questioned about arrests or convictions. You should say no (true), and don't elaborate.
                              Do you have a drug problem (question), answer, no (true).
                              "I have a clean criminal record" (true).
                              I'm not sure they can even legally ask you about anything that is not covered by the application.
                              Stay calm and everything should be ok.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1