Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Driving record

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Atomic Donut
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 802

    Driving record

    Hello i just picked up my CCW application and there is a section that states a list of all traffic violations in the past 15 years. i received 2 speeding tickets in 2009-2010 when I was a little younger, dumber, and in ownership of a nice bike. Anyways I plead No Contest to one of them and attended traffic school and the other one was dismissed due to the officer not showing up. I ordered my Driving record from DMV but neither of them were on it. Even though they aren't on my record i did receive them and don't want to be DQ'd due to holding back information, but i cannot remember the date or even the month in which they occurred. does anybody know exactly how to find this information?? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • #2
    riddler408
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 1746

    Nope, if it isn't on your dmv record it is gone. the dmv does not hold info past the 3 or 10 years depending on the violation. I would just be upfront and honest on the app and in the interview. No one can be expected to know the exact dates of every and all tickets...
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      707tothe907
      Member
      • Apr 2013
      • 113

      Just write down the sections that you know. Do the best you can, you cannot be penalized for information from years ago which you do not remember.

      Comment

      • #4
        JonW
        Member
        • May 2013
        • 346

        Originally posted by Rscan925
        Hello i just picked up my CCW application and there is a section that states a list of all traffic violations in the past 15 years.
        The CA DOJ standardized application only asks for moving violations in the last five years.

        Comment

        • #5
          TheWoodCrafter
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2013
          • 1023

          Stuff on your driving record falls off after 5 years.
          Don't worry about it, it is gone.
          Five years is all they want anyway.
          "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell

          "A free society asks not why people want or need their freedom. It asks why government would restrict it."

          Comment

          • #6
            Atomic Donut
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 802

            I'm sorry I meant 5 years and my phone auto corrected to 15 years. So it would be fine to but the moving violations within 5 years but just put an N/A next to the dates and citation number since the information is untracable? Thanks for the responses.

            Comment

            • #7
              nosuchagency
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 1171

              Originally posted by Rscan925
              I'm sorry I meant 5 years and my phone auto corrected to 15 years. So it would be fine to but the moving violations within 5 years but just put an N/A next to the dates and citation number since the information is untracable? Thanks for the responses.
              just for clarification's sake, information is not "untracable" and in fact is retained in some form or another (beyond '10 years' as other poster stated) by CA DMV to the extent that issuing authority will be able to pull it up.
              Originally posted by Graybeard
              Seriously the quality of some of the posts on here has gone waaaaayyyyyy down
              Originally posted by cannon
              You have not been here long enough to see how low they can really go.

              Comment

              • #8
                ChrisC
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 2469

                Originally posted by nosuchagency
                just for clarification's sake, information is not "untracable" and in fact is retained in some form or another (beyond '10 years' as other poster stated) by CA DMV to the extent that issuing authority will be able to pull it up.
                I was just about to say the same thing. I know people that created the data base for DMV and can guarantee you that old stuff is still in the system that you can not access, but the government can.

                Just be honest on the form and tell the truth. Don't be that guy that doesn't write something down as simple as a ticket and then have the officer that interviews you ask why you left out information.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Atomic Donut
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 802

                  I just want to clarify that I fully plan on disclosing I recieved a ticket as stated in post #1. I am aware that the agency can retrieve the information. I, However, cannot find a way to access the dates as it is not showing up on my driving record. What I would like to know is if it is wise to put N/A or unknown next to the date and citation space as I cannot remember that info or just estimate a date? Thanks again for all advice

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    NytWolf
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 3935

                    Originally posted by riddler408
                    Nope, if it isn't on your dmv record it is gone. the dmv does not hold info past the 3 or 10 years depending on the violation. I would just be upfront and honest on the app and in the interview. No one can be expected to know the exact dates of every and all tickets...
                    Violations past the three year mark are not offensible as driving records go, but it is still there. DMV does not purge old violations.

                    When OP "ordered" his records, he did not specify a full record. DMV usually just the information accessible by auto insurance companies use to assess insurance premiums, which includes violations within the last three years. You can go to the DMV office and run an entire driving record for yourself which will list all violations.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1