Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Oc ccw requirements

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jfdodge
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 510

    Oc ccw requirements

    Two questions: my address on my California CDL is different from where I live, should I change it before I apply? Also, what utility bills do they accept for proof? I only have a cable tv bill in my name at my current residence. Should I change my CDL address now to avoid being denied? And will a cable bill work for proof?
    [/SIGPIC]
  • #2
    socalphoto
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 547

    I think your DL is to prove who you are. The two utility bills are to prove you live in Orange County. I would only be concerned if your DL address is not in OC.

    I would think a cable bill would be acceptable.

    Comment

    • #3
      El Toro
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Mar 2011
      • 1406

      Work under the assumption that you must meet their criteria. They do not have the authority to fudge policy. Doesnt mean they wouldn't but the stakes are too high for you wouodnt you agree?
      Western civilization represents the pinnacle of true human progress, and we should rightly be proud of it, delusional leftists be damned.

      We know it's the family and the church not government officials who know best how to create strong and loving communities. And above all else we know this, in America, we don't worship government, we worship God.
      President Donald J. Trump, Oct. 13, 2017

      Comment

      • #4
        jfdodge
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2013
        • 510

        I can't find anything on the ocsd site that says anything. Guess I can call and ask.
        [/SIGPIC]

        Comment

        • #5
          judgedrift
          Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 391

          I have called and left messages today on the utility bills. My wife has no utility bills under her name. All she has is a credit card statement and we can get a renters agreement from our land lord. I wonder if that would be enough.
          "This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world-- --No you move."

          Comment

          • #6
            jfdodge
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2013
            • 510

            Btt
            [/SIGPIC]

            Comment

            • #7
              El Toro
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2011
              • 1406

              There is no definitive answer. Do your best to ensure your documents are in order. Make appropriate changes and have more than needed if in doubt.

              Birth Cert
              CA DL with your current address
              2 Utility Bills with your current address
              Renters Policy

              Dont assume leniency. The Sheriff takes this matter seriously. Should you get someone with good humor and willing to help you thats a bonus. Assume they are going to be overworked, irritable and have repeated the requirements multiple times ad nauseum.
              Western civilization represents the pinnacle of true human progress, and we should rightly be proud of it, delusional leftists be damned.

              We know it's the family and the church not government officials who know best how to create strong and loving communities. And above all else we know this, in America, we don't worship government, we worship God.
              President Donald J. Trump, Oct. 13, 2017

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1