I know the law rules and I'm asking for real world answers to the question of somebody with a loaded gun in their glove box and no permit. I was talking with a guy at the range who asked me about permits and said he doesn't want to get one because he believes it puts him on a special list of guns to be grabbed (by the feds) first. I advised him against illegal carry but it bothered me enough to puzzle over it.
If he were caught, would he be arrested and jailed? The gun permanently confiscated? My thinking is yes to confiscation but likely not actually jailed.
The bigger issue is would this record prohibit him from getting a permit in the future?
Please no BS on whys and they oughta, just what is likely to happen. And for the record it is not me, just a nice guy who is afraid of the government.
If he were caught, would he be arrested and jailed? The gun permanently confiscated? My thinking is yes to confiscation but likely not actually jailed.
The bigger issue is would this record prohibit him from getting a permit in the future?
Please no BS on whys and they oughta, just what is likely to happen. And for the record it is not me, just a nice guy who is afraid of the government.

Comment