Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Going to class/qualification tomorrow, would...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beb1954
    Senior Member
    • May 2006
    • 1611

    Going to class/qualification tomorrow, would...

    I would like to know if I can get some suggestions of what maybe to take along other than water, that will be allowed in the center. Granola bar snack?, or non perishable items that anyone would have like to have had but didn't. Anything to make the day easier...
  • #2
    SouperMan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 1463

    Extra ammo

    Have a blast! Where are you going to take your training?

    Comment

    • #3
      QuarterBoreGunner
      Administrator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 9389

      How much range time and how much class time? Just curious.

      Do you know what the course of fire is?
      /Chris

      I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

      You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
      Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
      Like who?
      Farmers.
      Who else?
      Farmers' mums.

      Comment

      • #4
        kaligaran
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 4800

        My class was 45 minutes and the qualification takes about 20 minutes. All in all it wasn't much more than an hour. I took my own eye/ear protection but they did have it there for you to use if you didn't bring your own.

        Sounds like this varies from county to county. If you think it will be more classroom, you may want to take pen/paper with you to take notes.
        WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up.
        Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL

        Comment

        • #5
          QuarterBoreGunner
          Administrator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Oct 2005
          • 9389

          Yeah Santa Clara SO's is about 3 hours of class and an hour of range time.
          /Chris

          I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

          You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
          Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
          Like who?
          Farmers.
          Who else?
          Farmers' mums.

          Comment

          • #6
            beb1954
            Senior Member
            • May 2006
            • 1611

            I am in San Bernardino county, that dreaded 909 and IE that few claim and all avoid. I am told to bring my own eye/ear protection/ sack lunch, and it will be all day.

            8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Topics Include:
            Proper handling of weapons
            responsibility of handgun ownership
            Concealed carry
            Interaction with law enforcement
            Laws regarding use of firearms
            Range safety rules
            Demonstration of safe handling skills
            live fire of authorized weapon(s).

            Course of fire, I am not sure of exactly.

            Comment

            • #7
              jenericsig
              Member
              • Mar 2012
              • 202

              You must also bring 18 rounds of factory ammo per firearm and an extra mag or speedloader. I think we'll end up using 10 rounds per firearm. 5 rounds, reload, then another 5 rounds. The target is set at 5 yards.

              The sheet says to pack a lunch. I plan to bring a boring sandwich, chips, trail mix, juice.
              See you there!

              Comment

              • #8
                bkoyle
                Junior Member
                • Aug 2011
                • 73

                I will be there tomorrow as well. See you guys tomorrow!

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1